LaunchBox Community Forums

[Request] Bezel RocketLauncher Support

Hi, i am a old HyperSpin and, new, Launchbox user. And the only thing i really miss up is the Bezel System from Rocketlauncher, you can have multiple bezels, with multiple video sizes, and work well all, and you can change between them with a button.

If anyone know how to do, i be glade if share the info, if is not possible, maybe with a plugin or something can be done?
This is a video of we can do with RocketLauncher.

Edited by DnK

you don't need a plugin to use RockerLauncher. just launch the game with RocketLauncher and make use of the bezel features. setup RL as an emulator in your emulator list like you would any other emulator, so be sure to assign it the associated platform(s) you want. and then make sure the games you want to launch with RL are assigned to use RL as their default emulator. or if you don't assign it as the default you would need to right click on the game and then choose to launch with RL as opposed to whatever the default selection is

I know that, but the thing is i dont want to use Rocket laucher only Launchbox.

Launchbox have i thing better configuration than Rocket Launcher, is more easy to setup and have some good extras like have multiple emulators for a plattform.

But the system for Bezel in Launchbox  is inexistent, yo can put Bezel with Retroarch with overlays o shadders, but for emulator standalone, no have any system to do that. And in any case, i think is better the Bezel system from Rocket Launcher even than the Retroarch have.

For this i ask for anyone know how i can to do it only with Launchbox, without Rockelauncher.

I dont know hoe Rocket Launcher set the bezel, but it seem to use Autohotkey code.

You cannot do bezels in LB on its own, you either need to use an emulator that supports it such as Retroarch or Mame, use RocketLauncher or dive into Reshade.

Bezel support and a couple of other things that RL does was looked into adding to LB in the past but Jason deemed it to be too much of a hack job to do it properly so it was decided to not go forward with it.

7 hours ago, DnK said:

Launchbox have i thing better configuration than Rocket Launcher, is more easy to setup and have some good extras like have multiple emulators for a plattform.

Just so you know the feature you speak of is not exclusive to LaunchBox. RocketLauncher also did this with their Alternative Emulator tab. Any platform could use any emulator or any combination of emulators, same as LaunchBox.

7 hours ago, DnK said:

For this i ask for anyone know how i can to do it only with Launchbox, without Rockelauncher.

like what Lordmonkus was alluding to.....reading between the lines would translate to it's impossible

7 hours ago, DnK said:

I dont know hoe Rocket Launcher set the bezel, but it seem to use Autohotkey code.

They do use AHK but also make use of a user made library called GDip as that is the only way I personally know how to get a perfect looking transparent image with AHK. Other basic AHK methods will look choppy and pixelated at the transition due to only knowing 1 color to transition basically.

I understand, and don't understand your feelings at the same time. I too came from HyperSpin and had the same feelings....but only for a moment. In reality if you go beyond anything but the most basic use case of LB you will need additional software. Scripts, batch files, plugins, controller, keyboard, mouse remappers, database managers etc. All the same crap (but useful crap) you would need along with RL. They do better with LB at integrating things relatively compared to RL/HS but it's just wishful thinking to believe you wouldn't ever need to use another piece of software again due to migrating to LB. RL, or any piece of software at that, when it comes down to it is a tool and if a tool does the job you want it should be utilized since it offers the path of least resistance. Having a stance against using it is really only hurting you in the long run in my opinion because you're robbing yourself of an easy and obtainable solution