LaunchBox Community Forums

Uploading a New Version of Platform File Keeps Getting Damaged.

malarrya

I am attempting to upload a new version of my Dungeons & Dragons Manuals & Modules Platform pack. The LaunchBox file upload process keeps somehow damaging a perfectly good working archive file when uploaded, even though the result shows success and the uploaded file is the proper size. I had no idea the archive was damaged until someone informed me that files were missing. I downloaded the file myself and found it to have a premature end-of-archive error. The file is rather large (~5.9GB) but I've uploaded large files before without issue. I changed the file type from ZIP to RAR and shortened the filename so I am testing now to see if that helps. My network is fast and the connection is stable so I am not sure why this keeps happening. I'd rather not break the file up into individual pieces so is there something I can do to ensure a properly working archive gets uploaded?

Also, is there a faster way to upload a file? It takes around 90 minutes to upload this file.
Thanks!

Edited by malarrya

If I remember correctly, there's a file size limit. I can't recall exactly what it is set to, but to be safe, I'd recommend splitting files to under 2GB parts.

Uploading (and downloading for that matter) is controlled by a ton of factors. One thing to note is that when uploading to the forums, you are uploading to a single server in a specific part of the world. Depending on where you are in the world, relative to the location of the server, can affect your speeds. There's not really much you can do about that.

Thanks for the reply. It seems strange that the file upload process wouldn't inform the user that "the file is too large, please try a smaller file size," and instead read "success." The file I had uploaded before was only a bit smaller, unless new restrictions have since been implemented. The website appears to accept the file totally fine but somehow manages to corrupt the file. I usually remove any previous versions on my end but maybe older versions need to also be removed by an admin?