LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box theme questions

Ikusagami

Okay, sorry in advance for potentially stupid queries. I finally got launchbox fully set up with everything I need and just upgraded to Big Box.  I was not expecting to have so much trouble with it, haha.

So anyway, I'm using the Unified Redux theme, as I prefer the right oriented vertical wheel for selection, and I got it opening straight to my custom playlist view fine, but the problem is that when scrolling the playlists, it fades immediately to a black screen on each one. I know this is supposed to be a movie, should I choose to incorporate them, but even if I should at a later date, I prefer a few second delay, so I can at least scroll through the list unhampered.  
I did experiment with all the available "views" but both right-oriented vertical wheel options do this, while the games list themselves (once I pick a playlist) work as intended.

If there is no way to disable/delay this fade to non-existent movie, can anybody recommend a theme that fits the same basic visual aesthetic?

Thank you.

Alright, well, moving right along to the next one:

Is there any way to scroll through a game's images without making it fullscreen? I've found that besides entering a game's menu and selecting "view images in fullscreen" the "i" button has the same function from the selection wheel--again in fullscreen--which I can always map to one of the buttons on my cab's control panel... but my preference would be that pressing right/left would actually change the pic displayed from the menu instead of bringing up the alphabetic search bar (gonna have to find a way to disable that regardless).

Again, if there is another theme that can accommodate me, I'm open to recommendations.

I cannot answer if there are any other themes that meet your needs as I use very few different themes. 

However, I can answer a couple questions. 

1: The question about the delay: It can be altered, but requires you to change the coding of the animation in the theme. It is typically a few spots in the theme's code you need to adjust, but you need to know what to look for. 

2: Scrolling through images question: Can you scroll through without making images fullscreen? No. This might require a custom plugin. I am not aware of a way to code a theme to do what you want without a plugin. Then again, I am not at expert skill level when it comes to LB coding, only entry level knowledge. 

• Like 1

Excellent! Thank you!

I went into the "themes/unified redux/views" folder and in the "platformwheels1filtersview" file deleted the "<!-- FADING WHEEL -->" entry.  Now it works exactly as I'd initially intended.  Number of games in the playlist fades onto the screen, but the playlist wheel remains visible.

As for the images, while I'd have loved to be able to scroll through the screenshots shown when on a game title, I at least found I could map the fullscreen images to a button on my Noir, so it at least saves the trouble of having to go into the submenu to get to them when browsing the library. 
After months of work I think this thing is finally pretty much good to go!

Thanks for the help. 

Edited by Ikusagami

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for jumping on this thread with a new question, but it seemed fitting given the title and recentness.

Summary: I have a main theme selected and a number of supplementary themes for platform game wheels. I want to make a custom preset to hold my current multi theme Big Box so that if I try a new main theme it does not wipe my current layout. How do I do that? There is no "Current Theme" within the themes folder just the installed themes. and I dont want to work off backups as those are perishable and I dont want revert other changes.

Example: Main Big Box theme Cover box, for some systems that dont have the custom art just generic within coverbox. I prefer to use 3 or 4 others for example City hunter using the "apply to specific platform". Once set to my liking if I were to then change to any other theme to test or get a change of scenery. I would then have to re-apply former theme breakouts manually as most themes only have the "apply as main theme" option

Thanks in advance and sorry for the piggyback but it was somewhat relative.