LaunchBox Community Forums

Yuzu intermittent startup failure

drw4013

Thats what it says on my version of yuzu. I pulled the latest release. MIne says early access, it works fine though.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Edited by KingSlayer420

1 hour ago, KingSlayer420 said:

hostility

wow, you grossly misunderstand my previous comment. no hostility fellow emulation fan! you misunderstand whatever you perceived as hostility for clearing up my confusion. most users would go to the official site and download mainline versions. so when you post a version # that is out of line with the sequential # that in on their official site, that raised an eyebrow. once I realized what "yuzu updater" is and it gets early access versions (which I didn't even know existed for Yuzu until now) I could see why the number was so different (much larger number). I mean, I even said thanks for sharing even though I didn't understand why it was so different.... I just was confused for pete sake!

1 hour ago, KingSlayer420 said:

I also chimed in and stated to use Vulkan as thats what written directly on the Download page for yuzu. It says they strongly recommended to use Vulkan.

the graphics API doesn't pertain to whether or not command line launching works. though, I do prefer Vulkan also for this emulator so it's good advice, just doesn't help one way or the other for the specific issue

2 hours ago, KingSlayer420 said:

Following with a "you don't even know where my post fits in here". Truth is if you use early access it will work as expected, so I think it fits here.

I'm afraid you again misinterpret and also misquoted me. I certainly did not suggest you have no business posting in the thread, I don't treat others like that. you really should not be jumping to conclusions so fast.....ask a question next time, I'd be happy to explain myself.

4 hours ago, skizzosjt said:

thanks for sharing but I have no idea how that fits into this.

Above is what I wrote

It referred to the vast difference in sequential numbers between what is the latest mainline yuzu version 1486 vs what you wrote v3267 and then 3703 in your image.....as in how the heck do those numbers fit into the release cycle, how would you have versions that are literally a couple thousand ahead? I couldn't understand until I found that "yuzu updater" which I didn't know that it even existed, let alone, it only downloads early access versions. and for the record, and any moderator can "un-edit" my post if wish to prove this. I wrote I had no idea what that the 3rd icon was on Yuzu''s download page.....what I edited was me stating how embarrassed I was that I just then realized it was github despite how many times I've been to that website 🤦‍♂️, the edit is in the parenthesis. I also would have changed the text above the 3rd image which was originally "3rd image" and I changed it to "github" upon realizing what it was

frankly if you wrote the exact version which would have been "Yuzu Early Access 3267" I wouldn't have been confused and you wouldn't have taken my "thinking out loud" post trying to connect the dots in such a misinterpreted hostile manner. no one here is trying to be hostile, I'm literally trying to explain myself to deescalate. have a good evening!

20 minutes ago, skizzosjt said:

I'm afraid you again misinterpret and also misquoted me. I certainly did not suggest you have no business posting in the thread, I don't treat others like that. you really should not be jumping to conclusions so fast.....ask a question next time, I'd be happy to explain myself.

Above is what I wrote

It referred to the vast difference in sequential numbers between what is the latest mainline yuzu version 1486 vs what you wrote v3267 and then 3703 in your image.....as in how the heck do those numbers fit into the release cycle, how would you have versions that are literally a couple thousand ahead? I couldn't understand until I found that "yuzu updater" which I didn't know that it even existed, let alone, it only downloads early access versions. and for the record, and any moderator can "un-edit" my post if wish to prove this. I wrote I had no idea what that the 3rd icon was on Yuzu''s download page.....what I edited was me stating how embarrassed I was that I just then realized it was github despite how many times I've been to that website 🤦‍♂️, the edit is in the parenthesis. I also would have changed the text above the 3rd image which was originally "3rd image" and I changed it to "github" upon realizing what it was

frankly if you wrote the exact version which would have been "Yuzu Early Access 3267" I wouldn't have been confused and you wouldn't have taken my "thinking out loud" post trying to connect the dots in such a misinterpreted hostile manner. no one here is trying to be hostile, I'm literally trying to explain myself to deescalate. have a good evening!

It's fine man, perhaps I brought a bit of frustration with me from another thread I was commenting on. I felt like you were singling me out and making my post seem irrelevant. Sorry If my snarky comments offended you. I will fix the post and remove my responses that serve no purpose in this thread. You did edit it and apologize after all, which I must have missed after reading your initial response I never went back until you  quoted me. Again I apologize.

I think you should also know that I removed that part of my post, about using the yuzu updater. I did that because when I went to find the link to post for everyone I noticed the newest version was flagged by Windows Defender as a virus. I'm sure its a false positive but the link has no place in the forums if thats the case. There are other ways to get the early access version, including ez-Yuzu i believe.

@KingSlayer420 assuming your user name refers to what I think it does....I love to partake as much as the next guy lol.....take a good rip of the good stuff and relax man. no one wants to get worked up over petty bickering here on LB. the community on this forum is far more friendly and cordial than any forum I've ever been on. so just keep that in mind, we're usually pretty friendly on here! just let it be in the past, water under the bridge sorta thing

yuzu updater appears to be something that is not really affiliated with the official development....but I could be off in left field on that. with that said, whether it is or is not, typically developers that distribute their creations have a rep to maintain and if some sort of malware got infected into it they would have to explain to their users what happened if they wanted to do the right thing as no one would trust them in the future hurting their status. and with that said.....Windows Defender marks a ton of BS as virus and false positives of this and that. I would honestly lean more towards it was a false positive. But I understand your better to be safe than sorry reaction also, nothing wrong with that!

11 hours ago, skizzosjt said:

@KingSlayer420 assuming your user name refers to what I think it does....I love to partake as much as the next guy lol.....take a good rip of the good stuff and relax man. no one wants to get worked up over petty bickering here on LB. the community on this forum is far more friendly and cordial than any forum I've ever been on. so just keep that in mind, we're usually pretty friendly on here! just let it be in the past, water under the bridge sorta thing

yuzu updater appears to be something that is not really affiliated with the official development....but I could be off in left field on that. with that said, whether it is or is not, typically developers that distribute their creations have a rep to maintain and if some sort of malware got infected into it they would have to explain to their users what happened if they wanted to do the right thing as no one would trust them in the future hurting their status. and with that said.....Windows Defender marks a ton of BS as virus and false positives of this and that. I would honestly lean more towards it was a false positive. But I understand your better to be safe than sorry reaction also, nothing wrong with that!

you noticed that eh? I've actually been here for quite a while...this isn't my first account. I am actually blessed enough to be relaxed most of the day, every day lol. I have a tendency to read things in the wrong tone, it's a fault in my character that I am aware of, sorry again for the misunderstanding on my part. Yuzu Updater is definitely not affiliated with official yuzu, it's made by Sin (The teachings of Yevon forbid all this Machina, ya?), I'm pretty confident it's a false positive. I used a older version that wasnt flagged by Windows Defender for over a year now no issues. Yuzu in general is experimental. i know it seems to work very well and all that but its not even been given a stable version yet. i could be wrong I don't update my emus every single day. I have legit files from my switch in my yuzu install, one time I did the copy paste with the install from github and it broke my install, had to redo the whole thing. Thats how I found the updater, thats what people said to use and was safe to copy over to my yuzu folder. Hope some of this info helps a few of the people here having issues with it, it's a very promising emu.

I've just tried the latest Yuzu (1477) same problem, Yuzu closes on startup. My Early Access (3696) has the same problem. I update Yuzu regularly, I noticed this problem start a few week ago, as I've stated every game run flawlessly up until then and I've changed no settings in LB or the emulator....it's giving me a headache 😡

*UPDATE*
I've just tried a earlier build from April (1402) and everything is working again. It sucks that we're loosing out on the new features but will have to make do until a fix is discovered....

Edited by Lukeyboy67

1 hour ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

I've just tried the latest Yuzu (1477) same problem, Yuzu closes on startup. My Early Access (3696) has the same problem. I update Yuzu regularly, I noticed this problem start a few week ago, as I've stated every game run flawlessly up until then and I've changed no settings in LB or the emulator....it's giving me a headache 😡

*UPDATE*
I've just tried a earlier build from April (1402) and everything is working again. It sucks that we're loosing out on the new features but will have to make do until a fix is discovered....

I can confirm that early access v3703 is working fine, thats the version I got yesterday when i pulled it with yuzu updater. It might be a different number now I think they make a few builds a day. Seeing that you can launch the games in yuzu and not from launchbox would mean a cmd line option might have been changed, or have a typo. But thats already been said since it's the most obvious reason, and my yuzu runs fine with the same settings I've always had meaning it couldn't have been changed. pretty sure its the same as the posts from page 1, just in case i'll post my settings here. It's weird your having such issues only when launching from lb, it only passes cmd line arguments to the emulator. it doesn't change any emu settings or anything, that i'm aware of anyway.

Untitled.png

One guy in another forum said that updating his GPU drivers fixed that kind off issue, but it seems like a stretch. Worth a shot maybe

Edited by KingSlayer420

My settings are like yours, same as they've always been, not changed anything in settings. It seems that something in the code of the latest builds of Yuzu just doesn't like being launched through LB...? Me reverting back to a earlier build and everything working again clearly shows this. If early access v3703 is now working again then that's good news, usually takes a few week for the new features from EA versions to transfer to the mainline builds :)

• Like 1