LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch Commodore Max (vic10) from MAME

JuanFrancisco

Hello.  I have vic10 setup and running standalone in MAME 0.253.  I can navigate the MAME menu and launch the games no problem.  When I try to start from Launchbox it loads the correct machine, but the game won't start, just blank screen.  I can then proceed to launch the games from the software list in file manager, but not by selecting the file in file manager.  The only thing I can think of is that my "vic10 -cart" parameter is wrong.

Many of the files contained in the Zip are .bin not .80 or .e0, but again those same files launch in Mame's standalone menu

It also might be worth mentioning that there is no Bios file for this system

I was hoping to launch in Retroarch Mame Core, but if I can't launch in MAME then there's another issue to address first.

Any help would be appreciated.

image.thumb.png.05ab18cf77b299adcd89790b108aebd9.png

image.thumb.png.5840f2cc8dcd0763f2c015f0f8f0c73a.png

image.thumb.png.790dff7e5c5adc7657bc4af22ec7ebc1.png

image.thumb.png.9406b02a025926bc9a777784424f232b.png

I emulate the VIc10 in MAME as a software list (Remove File extension and folder path tickbox set) and have no problems with games opening correctly through LaunchBox using the parameters vic10 -cart.
I just tried things with that tickbox cleared and the games now only open to a black screen just like you are seeing.
Not sure why as the games themselves are bin which is a MAME recognised media format.

As @spycat suggested, check "Remove quotes" and "Remove file extension and folder path".

Then in your Default Command-line Parameters under Associated Platforms, add -rompath %romlocation% at the beginning.

-rompath %romlocation% vic10 -cart

You may need to do this to the other associated platforms as well.

Or, instead of adding -rompath %romlocation%, add the path to your softlists [root] folder to "rompath" in mame.ini.  "F:\Roms\mame0253sl_64bit\roms" in your case.

image.thumb.png.9814556c8c4838c02fddc6eb0aabc551.png

Also, add the double-quotes at the beginning and end.