LaunchBox Community Forums

Please help me with manuals

St_Eddie

Hi, I am trying desperately to add custom manuals to my laserdisc games (via Singe).  I'm very used to the process of adding custom manuals in general, but I simply cannot figure out how to add manuals for the Singe games.  I have created several .txt documents, with instructions, but try as I may, I cannae find a way to have them show up with a right click.  The main issue is that the nature of the Singe emulator requires that all the roms are stored within the emulator folder itself (i.e. no 'Games' entry).  I've tried moving the emulator and games to 'Games/Arcade' but with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Manuals just need to be named as the game is named in LB and placed in the appropriate folder. LB does not link the manual to the game file it links it to the game name inside LB. So it does not matter where you have the roms stored. I have them all showing for my LaserDisc games using Singe.

\LaunchBox\Manuals\[Platfom Name]\

FYI if you convert that .txt file to a .pdf LB/BB will show the manual in the Pause Theme if you use them. 

I just can't get this to work.  I've never had an issue importing custom manuals into LaunchBox before.  It's only an issue when doing so for Singe.  To give you an example of one of the game's locations; this is where Dragon's Lair runs from...

Emulators\Singe\DLe.bat

I've titled the manuals according to how they are titled within the viewer of LaunchBox itself (so in this case; "Dragon's Lair").  I've tried placing the manuals within various locations, including "\LaunchBox\Manuals\Singe\" and "\LaunchBox\Manuals\Arcade\Singe\" and nothing is working.  I've also tried \LaunchBox\Manuals\Daphne Singe\ but to no avail.

1 hour ago, St_Eddie said:

I just can't get this to work.  I've never had an issue importing custom manuals into LaunchBox before.  It's only an issue when doing so for Singe.  To give you an example of one of the game's locations; this is where Dragon's Lair runs from...

Emulators\Singe\DLe.bat

I've titled the manuals according to how they are titled within the viewer of LaunchBox itself (so in this case; "Dragon's Lair").  I've tried placing the manuals within various locations, including "\LaunchBox\Manuals\Singe\" and "\LaunchBox\Manuals\Arcade\Singe\" and nothing is working.  I've also tried \LaunchBox\Manuals\Daphne Singe\ but to no avail.

What is the actual name of the platform you have them imported into? You cannot just use a random platform name in the folder structure. It has to be placed in a folder name of the actual platform your games are imported to. As I mentioned it has nothing to do with the game's path. LB is looking in the default manuals folder location. 

As Rlad showed you can just edit a game to find the exact folder path you need to drop them into. 

1 hour ago, Rlad said:

You can just browse the path in the edit game window if you can't find the right location.

Perfect! Thank you.

25 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

What is the actual name of the platform you have them imported into? You cannot just use a random platform name in the folder structure. It has to be placed in a folder name of the actual platform your games are imported to. As I mentioned it has nothing to do with the game's path. LB is looking in the default manuals folder location.

I understand that. I'm over 15,000 games deep into building my LaunchBox collection and have imported many custom manuals (both .pdf and .txt) for countless games, across many systems.  For whatever reason, LaunchBox simply refuses to automatically recognise the manuals for the Singe emulator.  Not to worry though, because it worked fine via Rlad's suggested method.

2 minutes ago, St_Eddie said:

Perfect! Thank you.

I understand that. I'm over 15,000 games deep into building my LaunchBox collection and have imported many custom manuals (both .pdf and .txt) for countless games, across many systems.  For whatever reason, LaunchBox simply refuses to automatically recognise the manuals for the Singe emulator.  Not to worry though, because it worked fine via Rlad's suggested method.

Gald you got it working. Keep in mind Rlad's steps was through editing the game. Best recourse is to edit the platform and assign the manual folder path there. This way it covers all games. Editing the platform allows you to change the default folder path for a bunch of media for the platform in case you want to use a folder different than the LB assigned default. 

• Like 1