LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Favorites (to playlist)

omlifecrew

I have already gone through all my MAME roms prior to setting up Launchbox.  How do I import this favorites list in Launchbox as a "Playlist" without having to go through and select individual games in Launchbox. Any way to convert a configuration file to an .XML? Looking at a playlist.XML in wordpad, I can't even identify the location of what games the commands are directing Launchbox to look for.

Edited by omlifecrew

• omlifecrew changed the title to Mame Favorites (to playlist)

On the sidebar of LaunchBox enter either Platform Category or Playlist sidebar filter. Then in the values that appear right click on any and go to Add > New Playlist. In there name the playlist what you want and then go to Auto-Populate. Then check auto-populate and in the fields set up the playlist to look like so:

Platform - Is Equal To - Arcade
Favorite - Is True

Then go to the parents tab and parent the playlist wherever you want (this is to place the playlist in the position you want in Platform Category view) and press OK to save.