LaunchBox Community Forums

Favourites not showing.

Stevie Mac

I'm in Platform Category, I've auto generated a Favourites child list with a Star Icon next to it.
I right click a game & I'm given the option Add to 'Favs' NOT 'Favourites' with a star icon next to it (Like I'm sure it used to?).
If this game is added it goes to 'Favs' not to Favourites (with a star next to it) in the Platform Category nested list like i'm sure it used to.
The 'Favs' list can only be seen if Playlist View is selected & is global.

Has this changed or is it just me?
Why is the Favourites with a star not given as an option anymore, is this a new bug?

Thanks for the help.

image.thumb.png.cd0d3269f10131471be1c08c959d6c35.png image.thumb.png.76039fbf0f8a41aa427324310b62e721.png

Right just found out with the new layout you have to click the Heart icon next to a game you want in this Favourites with the star.  The problem is you can't select multiple games then click that heat as is just adds the game that it's currently on.
How do we select multiple games then add to this Favourites folder using the heart/Flag  on the Right hand side as there is no right click option anymore as I'm sure there was previously?

Thanks for pointing this out @C-Beats

8 minutes ago, Stevie Mac said:

Right just found out with the new layout you have to click the Heart icon next to a game you want in this Favourites with the star.  The problem is you can't select multiple games then click that heat as is just adds the game that it's currently on.
How do we select multiple games then add to this Favourites folder using the heart/Flag  on the Right hand side as there is no right click option anymore as I'm sure there was previously?

Thanks for pointing this out @C-Beats

Bulk select, right click, >Open Bulk Edit Wizard, select "Favorite" in field, and tick the box. 

This is how it has always been. There never was a right click "Favorite". You either had to follow the steps above or you could also right click and Add to Playlist, then select Favorites playlist. 

@Retro808 Sorry yes this is what I meant 
you could also right click and Add to Playlist, then select Favorites playlist.
Only this option doesn't seem to exist anymore??  It only states 'Fav' & not Favourites with the star Icon.  So I'm not sure why they've removed it as it was helpful.

Thanks for the work around.

10 minutes ago, Stevie Mac said:

@Retro808 Sorry yes this is what I meant 
you could also right click and Add to Playlist, then select Favorites playlist.
Only this option doesn't seem to exist anymore??  It only states 'Fav' & not Favourites with the star Icon.  So I'm not sure why they've removed it as it was helpful.

Thanks for the work around.

Nothing was removed. "Favs" is definitely not a LB default playlist. You might want to edit those playlists and take a look at them. You may have accidentally altered something.

There is a different though in the "Favorites" playlist and the  "️ Favorites".

The "Favorites" is a manually populated you can add to when you right click and "add to playlist" a game. The one with the "️ Favorites" is an auto-populated playlist generated by reading the metadata for games you marked with the "favorite" icon. You cannot right click and add to an auto-populated playlist. It has always been that way.