LaunchBox Community Forums

New versions of LB don't regain focus after a monitor "disconnects"

duerra

I have a dual-monitor setup on Windows.  When I turn my monitors off at night, sometimes Windows seems to recognize one of them as getting disconnected.  When this happens, all my windows from that monitor get moved to my other monitor, where they are all placed when I turn my monitors back on.  I reposition these windows back to their rightful positions.  For the last 2 versions of LaunchBox, when this happens, I am unable to focus LaunchBox again, causing me to have to go into the task manager and issue an End Task signal against it and relaunch the software. 

Are there any known workarounds, short of restoring to an older version of LaunchBox?  I saw in the changelog that a seemingly related issue was fixed in the latest version, but that has not been my experience - and my hardware isn't a touchscreen scenario.

• 2 weeks later...

I really seem to be struggling with losing and not being able to regain focus, or otherwise having the app seize without fully crashing on me with the last 2 releases and the only recovery killing the process in the task manager.

Occasionally I also see an error about a missing index or key.  I'll try and capture it next time it happens.

• 4 months later...

Still having this issue in December.  It's not actually related to my dual-monitor setup though, I don't think.  LaunchBox just seems to get into a state where I can't actually get it to regain focus unless I kill it from the task manager and restart it.  I don't know how to actively reproduce it, but it has been happening for a number of months now. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/22/2023 at 2:44 PM, duerra said:

Still having this issue in December.  It's not actually related to my dual-monitor setup though, I don't think.  LaunchBox just seems to get into a state where I can't actually get it to regain focus unless I kill it from the task manager and restart it.  I don't know how to actively reproduce it, but it has been happening for a number of months now. 

I haven't had time to really investigate but since a couple versions ago I have the same consistent issues.

It seems the GUI stalls yet everything is functioning otherwise. If I click around the screen, I can hear LB playing the preview video for whatever game I may be clicking on. The GUI elements don't highlight. The only way to fix is to close LB and restart.

Edit: Ypu should ask a mod to move this to the troubleshooting forum where it will likely get more attention. This one is for website/forum problems.

Edited by Headrush69