LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox for Windows slow on micro SD card.

Vader

Hey @Jason Carr

I installed launchbox  for windows on a micro SD card on my pc and when I tried to run it, I noticed that launchbox was running very slow and laggy.  The card I was using is a Samsung Evo 512gb micro sd  card.

Are you aware of any issues running Launchbox off a micro SD card?

FYI.... Once I installed it on my PC's hard drive, it seemed to work better.

Thanks for your help.

1 minute ago, Vader said:

Hey @Jason Carr

I installed launchbox  for windows on a micro SD card on my pc and when I tried to run it, I noticed that launchbox was running very slow and laggy.  The card I was using is a Samsung Evo 512gb micro sd  card.

Are you aware of any issues running Launchbox off a micro SD card?

FYI.... Once I installed it on my PC's hard drive, it seemed to work better.

Thanks for your help.

It's entirely dependent on the speed of the SD card and SD card reader. LaunchBox is very data intensive (it has to be because of the amount of media that is loaded from disk). If you're experiencing poor performance, most likely it's a slow SD card. If you're going to be running LaunchBox off of an SD card, I'd highly recommend a Sandisk Extreme SD card (or Sandisk Ultra if you need to save a little money). But the Extreme cards are the fastest.