LaunchBox Community Forums

Navigation sound set to 0% but still makes sound

Hamburglin

I have "play sounds during attract mode" set to off and also turned "atrract mode navigation sound volume" to 0% in both my theme's options and also the normal options (notnaure why there's two identical options for these).

However, when attract mode goes back to a platform or category, it still makes a back or select sound.

Anyone know what's going on?

I noticed same exact behavior when I have previously messed around with attract mode. going into a category, platform or playlist, as well as leaving a category, platform or playlist both create the sound despite navigation sound being off. so seems it only turns off the sounds as it rolls through selections within a category, platform or playlist. but not when changing between them. 

I would think it's just how it was implemented. making a distinction between navigation (up/down/left/right) vs button presses (back or select). they disabled the up/down/left/right inputs from creating sound, but allowed the back or select inputs to continue making sound

one could certainly make an argument for the button presses to not make a sound too, as they do technically still navigate throughout the frontend.

• Like 1