LaunchBox Community Forums

640x480 60hz install problem

pprior

trying to install launchbox into a new windows 10 machine on a wells gardner 640x480 60hz CRT

Windows resolution has been set and windows programs such as microsoft edge fit the screen just fine.

However Launchbox when installing has text on both left and right sides going beyond the screen and the "next" boxes at the bottom can't be seen at all.

Is this a known bug?  Does Launchbox not support 640x480?

This forum wont' seem to allow me to insert a imgur link for pics directly, so I pasted it below. Sorry about the glare, it's in a garage, but I think you can see the issues.  It for some reason asks if you are over 18 the image is completely SFW.

Appreciate any help

https://imgur.com/a/1IkYMgY

LaunchBox wasn't designed to be ran at such a low resolution. You will likely need to set it up on another computer (or with another monitor plugged in) first and then move to that CRT on Big Box. That being said even most Big Box themes aren't really designed to be ran at such a low resolution and you may run into problems there as well.

Ok - thanks.  Trying to get the best original arcade experience and mame on a 640x480 old school CRT was at least in the past the best way to do that.  I will look for a different front end as I understand my use case is probably pretty fringe in 2023.  Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.