LaunchBox Community Forums

Dgvoodoo and Teknoparrot: what's the catch getting it to work?

Morris Schaffer

Is anyone using dgvoodoo with teknoparrot or something else?  I'm trying to run H2 overdrive in 4K and I know it should work, but no luck for me.  I grabbed the latest dgvoodoo version, which gives me a ZIP file containing some files (see screenshot).  I followed some vids online, but for some reason H2 Overdrive refuses to play in 4K.  I pasted the files into my roms directory of H2 overdrive, the one that has the game's exe called 'sdaemon' (See screenshot).   I open Dgvoodoo as admin, I point dgvoodoo to that directory, set my resolution to 4K in directx tab (see screenshot), boost my vram to 1024 because I have an RTX3080, Click on apply, close dgvoodoo.  Start the game, via Launchbox, but no boost in resolution I'm afraid.  I know it's important to paste the correct D3D9.dll file into the folder that has my game exe Sdaemon, but I have tried pretty much each one, no luck.  Thanks.

IMG_20230825_195932.jpg

IMG_20230825_195839.jpg

IMG_20230826_201704.jpg

I thought that was the whole point in Teknoparrot, no need to make additional hacks. In fact, this is the first time I've ever heard of dgvoodoo 2, had to look it up, sounds cool. I've played H2O with no additional software outside of TP. Have you just tried it that way? Here is a dgvoodoo 2 setup guide updated in 2021. 

https://youtu.be/gVbZ0NZzadE?si=bt86DkOFQn-CR6g5