LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not finding metadata results for steam game

Zenotek

I have a strange issue where lauchbox refuses to find metadata for the game The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. As soon as I hit the search metadata button it immediately pops up the message that says "No games were found with the specified title." The game is in the database and I've tried renaming it several different ways with no luck. I've also tried deleting it then importing again and I know it found metadata for that game before but at some point it just stopped finding it and its the only game I have that has that issue. Whats causing that, is there a fix for it?

This is related to a feature pushed in 13.6 that allows for more accurate Steam Id matching. DB Games now can have Steam ID assigned to them by a backend process automatically and LaunchBox uses that ID for matching ONLY with Steam titles. The backend process is still being worked on to improve that id matching though and so there are a few holes that need filled in. The current workaround is to do the following:

Open Edit Game
Go to Launching page
Cut the "Application Path" from it's text box
Go to Metadata page
Search the Database
Select the match you want to associate to
Go back to Launching Page
Paste Application Path back in
Save changes

• 2 months later...