LaunchBox Community Forums

Yaba Sanshiro 2 on PC

Knux

Reposting here from the 'Noobs' subforum since I'm not entirely sure if this counts as troubleshooting or not.

Hey, hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. 

I've been trying to setup the standalone Sega Saturn emulator on Launchbox, but it will only load to a black screen.

image.thumb.png.ae3bec944b4df28a08ac77256610e4cb.png

This is my first problem.  I noticed the the emulator hasn't started "running". Notice the blue play button on the top left. The second problem, is that it's not even trying to run whatever game I select in LB, it will still remember and emulate the LAST game I played on the standalone emulator.

For example, if I run Daytona USA by without LB, (by opening the emulator, File > Open ISO > gamefile > Open) it will run the game normally, no need to press the blue Play button.

Now let's say I try to run Sonic R from the front end, I will get what you see in the image above. And clicking the blue play button will instead run Daytona USA (or whatever the last game I played was).

image.thumb.png.3c1cc99d17b86b11b1c8d6fb0e2ea858.png

There are no scripts. 

Yaba Sanshiro 2 v1.9.3

Launchbox ver. 13.8

A quick google for this emulator just gives me results for a android version, have you a link to this version you are running, and do you know if it supports command line interface at all, cause if it doesnt and relies on its own UI to launch games only then it wont work with frontends like launchbox. As a aside any specific reason you want to use this over the excellent beetle/mednafen standalone or retroarch cores?

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

A quick google for this emulator just gives me results for a android version, have you a link to this version you are running, and do you know if it supports command line interface at all, cause if it doesnt and relies on its own UI to launch games only then it wont work with frontends like launchbox. As a aside any specific reason you want to use this over the excellent beetle/mednafen standalone or retroarch cores?

https://www.uoyabause.org/static_pages/download

There are many  platforms for this app. I believe the old name used to be Yabuse.

As for does it support command lines, I wouldn't know? I apologize, I'm new to coding and modifying Launchbox.

I think it does though? I saw a post here for this app about someone having issues running it in fullscreen and they provided a script to add which worked. I took the script off though until I could get it to ast least run a game first.

2 hours ago, Knux said:

https://www.uoyabause.org/static_pages/download

There are many  platforms for this app. I believe the old name used to be Yabuse.

As for does it support command lines, I wouldn't know? I apologize, I'm new to coding and modifying Launchbox.

I think it does though? I saw a post here for this app about someone having issues running it in fullscreen and they provided a script to add which worked. I took the script off though until I could get it to ast least run a game first.

OK, i think i was just confused with your thread title, the 2 specifically, i was assuming it was a new fork of the previous but i could find nothing other than references to paid android apps. Hopefully the info retro808 provided is accurate which im sure it is, so enjoy. :)

9 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Add -a to "Default Command-Lines Parameters" field inside LB for that emulator. Tested and works. 

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 3.22.38 PM.png

Okay so this fixed problem 1. The emulator runs automatically without needing to hit the blue play. BUT, problem 2 still persists. It will run whatever was the previous game I played, not whatever I clicked in the front end

9 minutes ago, Knux said:

Okay so this fixed problem 1. The emulator runs automatically without needing to hit the blue play. BUT, problem 2 still persists. It will run whatever was the previous game I played, not whatever I clicked in the front end

Open YabaSanshiro and post a pic of the "General" tab in your settings. 

If you open the emulator directly and run different games do they all work?

image.thumb.png.b090af003890f3ed5aed2327931fc932.png

To answer your question, if I run the emulator directly yes it will run different games properly. 

For example, I just ran Daytona on the emulator. Runs fine. Then tested Cotton 100. Runs fine. I go to Launchbox and try to run Marvel Super Heroes. It runs Cotton 100 (even after the line change you suggested).

Just now, Retro808 said:

trying adding -i to the command line parameters. 

In testing a bunch of games some ran and some kept kicking that error. Added -i and so far all games are running fine. 

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 4.49.49 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 4.40.03 PM.png

Ah, you replied just as I did. Yes, this was the solutions. Thanks for all your help!