LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox USB not working on other PC

IronUppercut

Good Afternoon. I followed a step-by-step tutorial on installing Launchbox on a USB drive so that it could be portable. It works perfectly fine on the computer where I did this installation. But it will not work on another PC. The other PC will not even see the USB drive. There may have been another problem but I can't remember it right now. Is it because I did not install those three Windows architecture files on the other PC first, or is it something else?  Please help! Thank you.

If you other PC can't even see the drive when you plug it in there isn't much we can do. I'd see if you have another USB device you can check, also plug the USB drive back in the first computer and make sure IT can still see it. If you pull the drive while it's in use it's possible to corrupt the drive. The PC would still SEE the drive, just wouldn't be able to open it. If you're computer isn't even recognizing that it's plugged in you may have a dead or disabled PC port

25 minutes ago, IronUppercut said:

Good Afternoon. I followed a step-by-step tutorial on installing Launchbox on a USB drive so that it could be portable. It works perfectly fine on the computer where I did this installation. But it will not work on another PC. The other PC will not even see the USB drive. There may have been another problem but I can't remember it right now. Is it because I did not install those three Windows architecture files on the other PC first, or is it something else?  Please help! Thank you.

could you reference the video please, i think i know the one, but want to be sure before any other advice?