LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame romset 0.259 (latest), how to play on android?

Stavros7575

@Stavros7575 and @ArquebusX 

Have you tried checking to see if retroarch is setup properly on launchbox for android? You can do this by going into the arcade platform and selecting the 3 vertical dots on the upper right side. There you will find an option that says emulator settings, select this option and you will see the emulator options for that platform. Makre sure that the default emulator matches the retroarch version you have installed. Next make sure you have the correct default core.  Finally, you can select verify configuration, this will let you know if you setup retroarch correctly. If you get an error, then something is set up wrong, and you will have to check your setting again. Mine is working on my cell phone so if you still have issues, let me know.

18 minutes ago, ArquebusX said:

I'm able to get the mame 2003 plus core to work (matched up with LaunchBox), but the standard mame one (which I'm assuming is matched to the standard mame libretro core in Launchbox) is giving me a black screen. I don't know that it matters - 2003+ seems to be working fine.

If you are using the 64 bit version of retroarch, you need to use the mamearcade_libretro_android.so core, for 32 bit i believe it is mame_libretro_android.so core. Also, make sure you have the correct core downloaded inside retroarch. Depending on which version of retroarch you have.

I have the Retroarch from the Play Store. Is that the 64-bit version? (I'm normally an iPhone person, I have an Android device only for Launchbox, so I'm not super familiar with the ecosystem.)

The only cores I see available in Retroarch are listed as:

Arcade (FinalBurn Neo)

Arcade (MAME 2003-Plus)

Arcade (MAME)