LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with missing/disappeared games

Yvanaxel

Hello, 

I have troubles with adding games on differents platforms.

I often need to add 3 or 4 times some games to make sure add them definitively. It's very frustated when i want to add many games with differents media.

My folder of data folder is OK (no copy of platforms) and my game views are corrected set. 

Someone got the same problem and resovled it ?

Thanks   

2 hours ago, Yvanaxel said:

Hello, 

I have troubles with adding games on differents platforms.

I often need to add 3 or 4 times some games to make sure add them definitively. It's very frustated when i want to add many games with differents media.

My folder of data folder is OK (no copy of platforms) and my game views are corrected set. 

Someone got the same problem and resovled it ?

Thanks   

Does this happen every time or randomly? Does it happen with the certain platforms or all?

Might be helpful if we know the exact steps to add games you are taking. Give us an example of a platform this happened with and the exact steps you took to import. 

The contents of the \Data folder is one issue that can cause this, but you confirm no extra data there. Still would be good for us to see the contents of your \Data\Platforms folder.

Not really sure what you mean by "my game views are corrected set".

Hello Retro, 

Thanks for your help.

It happens randomly. Sometimes, it works (game not disappears after re-launch launchbox) but after re-launched, game disappears. 

I need to force 3 times or more to add some games. Sometimes, it works by group or with try one by one.

I usually get troubles when i imported and add some games for example Windows / Xbox One and Playstation 4/5 (i created this platforms with Windows game and with all launching files for games by format .exe).

I mean, no games are set by  hidden or other.

Capture 1.JPG

I am having the same issue, I'm at a loss.  Pac Man is missing, I add it, it's there, I can play it,  I quit launchbox, pac-man is gone.  If I remove games from my favorites list, some games remove, some refuse to be removed, when I re launch, they show back up.  I've restored from back ups, reinstalled updates, not sure what else you can do.

17 hours ago, Jedi Sky said:

I am having the same issue, I'm at a loss.  Pac Man is missing, I add it, it's there, I can play it,  I quit launchbox, pac-man is gone.  If I remove games from my favorites list, some games remove, some refuse to be removed, when I re launch, they show back up.  I've restored from back ups, reinstalled updates, not sure what else you can do.

This is almost always caused by one of the following:
You have a file sync app locking the file we are trying to change on close and so the save event fails
You have "-backup" files in your data folder put there by Skraper
Some other unforeseen issue saving the file out

If you haven't already turn on debug logs and go through the process again and then look to see if there is anything in the logs generated. You'd want to look in the 2nd most recent log (since the newest is you opening the app).