LaunchBox Community Forums

Moving my custom plists inside one just called "My customs"?

PedgeJameson

Hey folks,

Before I make a blunder, I made some playlists such as "All Batman games" containing all games under one custom playlist. And I did it with, Streets of Rage, etc.

These are starting the hog the platform listing.

How can I nest these under a new "MY Customs" under the platform category without screwing something up?

I guess you are talking about in the left hand side the "Batman Game", "Mortal Kombat", and so on. If so those are just called "Playlists". It still the same as what I told you to do initially. 

Anything in that left hand column, any of the "Platforms" (such as "Arcade", "Atari 2600" and so on) as well as "Playlists" (such as "Batman Games", "Mortal Kombat", and so on) can be moved and placed under and "Platform" or "Category". You can only have a playlist show up under a "Category" or a "Platform".    

If you want to make a "Playlist" (Category) to hold all your playlists make sure you change your list type from "Platform" to "Platform Category" if you want to create a new "Category". In your pic just under the "search" box it shows "Platform" click that drop down arrow and change to "Platform Category". Once you do that just right click any platform and choose >Add >New Category. Create the new category and in the Parents tab check the "Root" box only. 

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 8.36.04 AM.png

Not sure if this can make it simpler. 

1. Right click the playlist name you want to move. 

2. Choose Edit

3. Click on the Parents Tab

4. In that tab you can check the box where you want to move the Playlist to show up under. (The Parents tab is the pic I Posted and you can see in that pic all the "Platform Categories" I have in my build". Under each of those are all the platforms I imported games into. LB has 3 tree branches "Platform Category", "Platform", and "Playlist". In that pic you see I created a "Platofrm Category" called "Playlists" where I keep all my custom playlists. So if you want to do something similar you would need to first create a new "Category" and call it whatever you want. Then you can edit all your "Playlists" and have them display under that new custom "Category" you created. 

If that is still not helpful then tell me that name of the Playlist you want to move and to what exact spot you want it to show up. Example: I want to move playlist "Batman Games" to show up under "????".

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, PedgeJameson said:

OK, in inside the platform area. I have a bunch of playlists already there.

I want to put those playlists inside another one.

I hope now I finally make sense.

But I guess like music, you cant put a playlist inside another.

No, you cannot put a playlist inside a playlist. 

What you can do is make a "Category" (and call it whatever you want) to house all your "Playlists". A playlist can only show up under a "Platform" or a "Category". I pretty much explained this in my 3rd post.

Let's make a step-by-step. If this is not easy enoughnot sure what else I can do. 

Do this:

Create a "Category" to hold all your playlists. 

1. In LB below the "search" box you should see "Platform" click the down arrow and change it to read "Platform Category"

Screenshot2023-11-04at12_35_32PM.thumb.png.38bc96277ff1561110b24b464a7f1324.png

2. Now that is shows you list in "Category" style right click any thing in the left pane and choose >Add then >New Category.

Screenshot2023-11-04at12_35_39PM.thumb.png.58e98a4a715757587952c74731c19b20.png

Screenshot2023-11-04at12_36_04PM.thumb.png.7976f18e06b0374bc9cbd9c3b73dd7f2.png

3. Complete the form and name this new "Category" whatever you want (I called mine Playlists) and then in the "Parents" tab uncheck anything already checked and then ONLY check the "Root" box.

Screenshot2023-11-04at12_36_15PM.thumb.png.8d1ecec629d802e2bbc5f2327dc2b913.png

Screenshot2023-11-04at12_36_35PM.thumb.png.8e452fd5eb31b546e459962bee8cf037.png

4. Now your new "Category" is created. 

5. Right click a playlist (such as Batman Games) and edit. 

6. Go to the "Parents" tab and make sure the only box checked is the one for the new "Category" you created (again I called mine "Playlists" so I check the box in front of that. 

Screenshot2023-11-04at12_40_48PM.thumb.png.c396f48d54927147bd33c78da4dde698.png

Now your Batman playlist should show up under that new Category. I hope this is what you are trying to do. Put all your playlists into one spot and not have them under the platforms. Now just edit any other playlist you want to move to this same Category. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PedgeJameson said:

Thanks but it really isn't worth all of this. Just is not working the way you described.

Maybe in another update this can be made something. But I am very happy how it is, and bothering you guys over this doesn't help.

Yeah an update is not going to fix what you are not doing correctly. It is not something that needs to be made since it actually already is there. What I described works and is how it has been working for years. 

It is only 6 steps and really 4 of those are just making the custom Category. 

I cannot help any more if you do not provide any information on what exactly you did and what the end result was. Such as providing the steps you took and pics. 

• Game On 1

I got it working, thanks for the time you took to help. Just needed a day or so of rest.

Too much time on the PC can be a strain for me.

EDIT: Question though, how do I add games? Doesn't seem to like the same method as before.

EDIT: Oh I have to add playlists. LOL

Edited by PedgeJameson