LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue with Launchbox db id

AKillingGame

I was wondering if anyone might point me in the direction of what I am doing wrong.  I am noticing a number of games are not identifiable in the Launchbox database within Launchbox itself.  For example: Assassin's Creed III

I can locate it here: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/8951-assassins-creed-iii  yet when I search for it in the metadata in Launchbox:

Screenshot2023-11-18115416.thumb.png.3140f2e3eece8906d69e9c79f3f074b4.png

I thought to manually edit the db id with the id in the URL 8951 but this does not seem to be possible.  When I audit my Windows sections I can't see anywhere to edit it which doesn't bring me back to the above editor.  This game isn't the only example and it is happening in other emulators as well,  I am assuming that I am missing something here but after searching the forum's I am no closer to a solution.  Anyone got any ideas?

Have you looked at your Windows platform's 'Scrape As' value just to confirm it's set to 'Windows' and not something else?

If all is ok, can you check that the III part of your 'Assassin's Creed III' title uses the upper-case of i (I) letter and not the lower-case of L (l) one - depending on the font these can look the same on screen but the latter will throw the scraper.

Edited by spycat

Thanks spycat.  I just confirmed it is scraping as Windows as you suggested.  To confirm the formatting of the title I cut and paste it into notepad and back and everything looks correct.  Weirdly it has identified ACIII Remastered just fine and to test I cut and pasted just the Assassin's Creed III part from that title and still no joy,

It seems so random what it can't identity - Dead Island, Persona 5 Strikers, Meet your Maker for further examples.  They do all come from Steam, could maybe this be the problem?

I don't use Steam, but just using 'Assassin's Creed III' and 'Dead Island' as 2 Windows test titles scrapes ok and I get the LaunchBox DB ID #9302 and #3596 respectively and correct images download from the LaunchBox DB for both test titles.
So maybe it is to do with Steam. Hopefully a member who uses Steam will help you out here.