LaunchBox Community Forums

Does removing and reimporting a mame merged romset mess up my custom playlists?

Hamburglin

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on how your playlists are setup.

If they're all set to Auto-Populate, then they should be OK.

If you don't already have Backups turned on, turn that on (Tools - Options - Data - Backups).  Maybe exit and restart a couple times so that there's more than one. You never know.

Then if it does mess them up, you can restore the backups.

If you're leery about that (though no reason to be), you can always create your own backup of /LaunchBox/Data/Playlists/.  But NOT in that folder. Save if somewhere outside of /LaunchBox/.

Makes sense. The backups make me feel better.

Sadly, my arcade playlists are manual and highly curated. I suppose I can regex out the U's at the end of games in the playlist xml file, right? Maybe that'll be easier since I don't start the games any other way in my arvade cabinet.

How does this game file path ending with U vs not have to do with the prioritized launch version of the game?

Edited by Hamburglin

34 minutes ago, Hamburglin said:

I suppose I can regex out the U's at the end of games in the playlist xml file

That should work for most every, if not all games.  And for the one's it doesn't work, either you'll never know (because you may never play it) or the 1 maybe 2 that it does mess it up, you know the fix. ;) 

38 minutes ago, Hamburglin said:

How does this game file path ending with U vs not have to do with the prioritized launch version of the game?

Ah ya.  That'll mess things up.  Maybe backup as previously discussed, do the reimport "NOT setting it to prefer US versions", exit LB.  Then do the regex thing on the playlist(s?).  Save then start LB.   Worse case, you can restore the backup.  Best case, I can stop grasping at straws. 🙃