LaunchBox Community Forums

Naomi Driving Games

Drakkorcia

I have been working with Demul to play Crazy Taxi and 18 Wheeler. I have it sorted but it requires a couple unique configurations to get the gas and brake to work; you must select "combined pedals" under the wheel software (Logitech, Thrustmaster, etc) and use clutch for brake. Using clutch doesn't bother me, but selecting combined pedals does because my other games don't work this way rendering my Demul collection a tweak by game standalone. Does anyone play Naomi games with a racing wheel and have it integrated into Launchbox or other frontend? I would like it if Retroarch supported wheels but up to now have never seen it done.

I only use Demul for those two games. But to get the pedals to work you have to go into the wheel software and use the "combined pedals" option and clutch pedal as brake. So to play I literally have to run the wheel control panel and select combined pedals and unselect it to play anything else. I have a Thrustmaster T300 which has a simple and feature lacking control panel. No profiles per game, etc.  Demul is a so-so emulator in my opinion. No quick exit button is thoroughly idiotic. I think Flycast just might support wheels. I will try it and see what happens in a couple days.

Edited by Drakkorcia

23 hours ago, Drakkorcia said:

Does anyone play Naomi games with a racing wheel and have it integrated into Launchbox or other frontend? I would like it if Retroarch supported wheels but up to now have never seen it done.

I have a Logitech MOMO steering wheel and pedals working fine with both Retroarch flycast core and standalone Flycast.

Your wheel will be mapped to a virtual XBOX layout and you will most likely need to go into the game service menu and calibrate the controls.

I have Retroarch loaded with Flycast Core, Crazy Taxi and 18 Wheeler both launch and intro screens run well, but my T300RS will not respond. Retroarch populates Device Index in Port 1 as Thrustmaster T300RS so everything is plugged in. I have tried to set controller driver as dinput; no response. I have updated the controller profiles; nothing. I have a usb mini keyboard and even that wouldn't remap buttons as long as device index was the T300. It only worked when I changed the device index to N/A #2. I tried unplugging the T300 and Retroarch gave messages that the T300 was disconnected/connected to Port 1. I am out of ideas. This should be simple.

Edited by Drakkorcia