LaunchBox Community Forums

13.8 to 13.9 update issues!

styxtribe

I really love the idea of launchbox. I clicked on the shortcut to 13.8 and it just forced an update to 13.9. I tried to stop it before it started. But it was too late. While trying to stop the upgrade It corrpted the the entire installation. I lost 5 hours of work setting it up with the box art and everything. All my settings everything gone. 

Also in a previous installation. I was trying to remove an emulator setup and start over. It asked me if I wanted to remove or delete something. I missed what it asked an cat said It really should ask more than once maybe three times in bold before deleting stuff. I have backups for everything now. I was thinking about buying the big box version. But with this going on. I am going to have to pass for a while until they roll back some of these risky settings. 

I love launchbox! But for me its just not there yet! Maybe its trying to do too much><?

Thank you for your innovation!

Just an FYI, LB would only force the update if you had the option for "Automatically download updates in the Background" checked. Otherwise, with that off, LB would alert you an update it available either via the bell icon at the top or a pop-up notification depending on which option you chose for LB notifications. It would then only download if you click to see the notification and then click the download button. 

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 8.43.50 AM.png

Installations don't touch data folders so there's no way for the installer to corrupt your data in the manner you're referring to. Also by default LaunchBox creates a backup both on startup and shutdown of the application that you can restore by going to Tools > File Management. These backups are stored in the \\LaunchBox\Backups folder. As long as you don't disable this setting you should have been able to utilize one of these restore points.