LaunchBox Community Forums

Error upon Loading Launchbox Please Help.

Truest1

I've had a corrupted image file(s) in the past. I had a different experience though. LaunchBox and Big Box would both boot and function (mostly) ok. Big Box was actually perfect. The exception would be once I discovered what exact image files were corrupted (easily spotted in Windows File Explorer since their file size was 0KB) I would navigate to those entries in Big Box and these images simply did not display in Big Box. So perhaps this was my clue on where to look? (when I noticed they didn't display in Big Box) I don't recall how I exactly figured it out. I could have sworn the error message thrown by LaunchBox had the platform name or directory path, something to give me a clue where to look.

LaunchBox had a little more of an issue. I could launch LaunchBox and navigate and boot games, edit this and that etc. So seemed to be perfect too for a min.The real issue here was as soon as I clicked onto an entry that had a corrupted image file, say the box front artwork, LaunchBox tries to display that and had a fit and would crash. I think this also was my clue on where to look. ie I can click on all my other entries OK, but this one is repeatedly causing a crash, so something must be wrong with this entries images

Just sharing what I did to help figure it out. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, skizzosjt said:

I've had a corrupted image file(s) in the past. I had a different experience though. LaunchBox and Big Box would both boot and function (mostly) ok. Big Box was actually perfect. The exception would be once I discovered what exact image files were corrupted (easily spotted in Windows File Explorer since their file size was 0KB) I would navigate to those entries in Big Box and these images simply did not display in Big Box. So perhaps this was my clue on where to look? (when I noticed they didn't display in Big Box) I don't recall how I exactly figured it out. I could have sworn the error message thrown by LaunchBox had the platform name or directory path, something to give me a clue where to look.

LaunchBox had a little more of an issue. I could launch LaunchBox and navigate and boot games, edit this and that etc. So seemed to be perfect too for a min.The real issue here was as soon as I clicked onto an entry that had a corrupted image file, say the box front artwork, LaunchBox tries to display that and had a fit and would crash. I think this also was my clue on where to look. ie I can click on all my other entries OK, but this one is repeatedly causing a crash, so something must be wrong with this entries images

Just sharing what I did to help figure it out. 

Thank you skizzosjt this makes total sence. Definitely trying this tonight. 

Ok so it was infact some files in image folder. I renamed the image folder _images and starter launchbox and no error at all. So luckily I had a backup of my image folder on another drive copied it back o we and walla back in action. 

Thank you all who chimed in on this one it was driving me crazy. Much appreciated, keep gaming. 

• Like 1