LaunchBox Community Forums

Error upon Loading Launchbox Please Help.

Truest1

hey guys my launchbox build of 4 TB has been working just fine but all of a sudden uopn boot of launchbox only bigbox works fine i het this error

(Inner Exception)

The component cannot be found. (0x88982F50)

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.9
Theme:   Default
Type:    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Site:    
Source:  

(Outer Exception)

No imaging component suitable to complete this operation was found.

Type:    System.NotSupportedException
Site:    System.Windows.Media.SafeMILHandle SetupDecoderFromUriOrStream(System.Uri, System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCacheOption, System.Guid ByRef, Boolean ByRef, System.IO.Stream ByRef, System.IO.UnmanagedMemoryStream ByRef, Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle ByRef)
Source:  PresentationCore

at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.SetupDecoderFromUriOrStream(Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, Guid& clsId, Boolean& isOriginalWritable, Stream& uriStream, UnmanagedMemoryStream& unmanagedMemoryStream, SafeFileHandle& safeFilehandle)
   at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.CreateFromUriOrStream(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy, Boolean insertInDecoderCache)
   at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.FinalizeCreation()
   at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.EndInit()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Controls.MediaItem.ManageXmlProc(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Controls.MediaItem.NewStatelessMock()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.ViewAbstractEvent(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.MoveReflectiveConnection()
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartHelper.Callback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()

Recent Log:

3:35:22 PM Exception

I'm having the exact same issue as you - running fully up-to-date Win 11

image.thumb.png.6d30c8a6b9131ec0d616798c1102a770.png

Here's some more of the text of the error.

(Outer Exception)

Site:    System.Windows.Media.SafeMILHandle SetupDecoderFromUriOrStream(System.Uri, System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapCacheOption, System.Guid ByRef, Boolean ByRef, System.IO.Stream ByRef, System.IO.UnmanagedMemoryStream ByRef, Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle ByRef)

at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.SetupDecoderFromUriOrStream(Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, Guid& clsId, Boolean& isOriginalWritable, Stream& uriStream, UnmanagedMemoryStream& unmanagedMemoryStream, SafeFileHandle& safeFilehandle)
   at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.CreateFromUriOrStream(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy, Boolean insertInDecoderCache)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowImage.<>c__DisplayClass64_1.CancelAbstractConfig(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowImage.<>c__DisplayClass64_1.RevertReflectiveWatcher()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.ViewAbstractEvent(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.MoveReflectiveConnection()
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

15:54:38 Exception

Edited by Johnny T

16 minutes ago, Johnny T said:

I'm having the exact same issue as you - running fully up-to-date Win 11

image.thumb.png.6d30c8a6b9131ec0d616798c1102a770.png

Here's some more of the text of the error.

(Outer Exception)

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowImage.<>c__DisplayClass64_1.CancelAbstractConfig(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowImage.<>c__DisplayClass64_1.RevertReflectiveWatcher()
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

15:54:38 Exception

Wow I thought it was only me. 

I'm on the process of moving everything over into another hard drive to see if that's the issue. 

1 minute ago, Truest1 said:

Wow I thought it was only me. 

I'm on the process of moving everything over into another hard drive to see if that's the issue. 

I've tried reinstalling the update but to no avail.

Could you let me know how you get on with your other hard drive if you don't mind?

1 hour ago, Johnny T said:

I've tried reinstalling the update but to no avail.

Could you let me know how you get on with your other hard drive if you don't mind?

Yes I will let you know how it goes. It's gonna take me some time to do it. Good thing it's not my 8Tb build. The 4th is the one having issue but will still take time to copy everything over. 

5 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

As stated, this is almost always an image file that is corrupted and NOT a hard drive issue. You can prove the theory by renaming your Images folder to _Images (with the app closed) and then open LaunchBox and see if you still run into the same issue.

Yes!! That was it. My apologies, when you said a corrupted image file in an earlier message I thought you meant a corrupted 'download' of the update (I was thinking like a snapshot image of a drive and not literally 'an image file').

So, next question is... do you have any ideas how I would find out which image is corrupted?

I have a marquee screen and have lots of images that I've created for it that aren't just on the LB image library so I can't just redownload everything from there?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Unfortunately the best way is to just put the old folder back and start adding underscores to folder names to hide them from LB and see where the issue appears. Most of the time I've heard this it's because of older malformed images tied to MAME games gotten from EmuMovies, I believe they've since been removed but if you haven't updated your media in a while it could potentially be the case. Does the error occur after selecting a specific game? With where this stack trace is showing I'd have assume it occurred when selecting a game, I'd just start with that game and remove the images to see if it fixes it, then potentially rescrape media on the platform that game is in.

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Unfortunately the best way is to just put the old folder back and start adding underscores to folder names to hide them from LB and see where the issue appears. Most of the time I've heard this it's because of older malformed images tied to MAME games gotten from EmuMovies, I believe they've since been removed but if you haven't updated your media in a while it could potentially be the case. Does the error occur after selecting a specific game? With where this stack trace is showing I'd have assume it occurred when selecting a game, I'd just start with that game and remove the images to see if it fixes it, then potentially rescrape media on the platform that game is in.

No it's not a specific game. As soon as LB loads I get the error. Okay, I'll don my deerstalker and do a bit of investigation! I'll report back when I have something. Thank you 🙂

5 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

What sidebar filter are you on when starting?

Yep - that was where I started... I was on AAE and, sure enough, when I navigated to Box Front then some of the images were corrupt. I have the software backed up to a server that has the same issue. I've also checked my actual cab machine and that's the same too! (so this issue mustn't affect BB but only LB?). Luckily I've got an even older backup that I was planning on getting rid of and the images on that are fine so I'm now transferring them across but it's going to take a very long time as there's 158Gb of them!! 

Thanks 🙂