LaunchBox Community Forums

upgraded but getting an error and cant start bigbox

Hello, 

I have used and played bigbox as recent as yesterday. Today, I launched bigbox and selected "yes" to upgrade.

I got the following error:

A procedure imported by 'B:\Emulation\Frontends\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\Chromium\CefSharp.Core.Runtime.dll' could not be loaded.

I restarted my computer, but am unable to start big box (or launchbox).  I get that same error each time. 

Hoping someone knows how to resolve the issue. 

Thanks for any help  :)

Hope all had a great Christmas or other holidays, and wishing all a great New Year!  

Thanks man, 

I haven't been on here in a long time, any chance you know where I can get the prior version installer?  and then I just install and all is good?  it wont replace my file locations etc?

I used to know BigBox inside and out (well maybe intermediately), but its been so long since ive messed with the files, that I dont recall much. lol.   

Just now, Hayata said:

Thanks man, 

I haven't been on here in a long time, any chance you know where I can get the prior version installer?  and then I just install and all is good?  it wont replace my file locations etc?

I used to know BigBox inside and out (well maybe intermediately), but its been so long since ive messed with the files, that I dont recall much. lol.   

All prior versions you installed are in your \Updates folder. It will not change any settings. Just run the installer. Verify it installs to \Launchbox and not \Launhbox\Launchbox.

• Like 1