LaunchBox Community Forums

Mutex error when using LiteDb in Launchbox plugin design

Hi all, 

This is a bit of a technical one. I am designing a plugin to place additional info on additional displays (WYSIWYG user editable game controls, game info etc). It requires quite a complex db backend and I normally use LiteDb for this (very successfully with other apps I've designed). 

Sadly, there is something about trying to raise a Shared connection to a LiteDb database when it runs within the domain of Launchbox. 'Direct' connections work fine. I have tested shared connections on a test app using the same Framework and LiteDb version and shared connections work fine. 

I basically get a Mutex error:

System.MissingMethodException HResult=0x80131513 Message=Method not found: 'Void System.Threading.Mutex..ctor(Boolean, System.String, Boolean ByRef, System.Security.AccessControl.MutexSecurity)'. Source=LiteDB StackTrace: at LiteDB.SharedEngine..ctor(EngineSettings settings) at LiteDB.ConnectionString.CreateEngine() at LiteDB.LiteDatabase..ctor(ConnectionString connectionString, BsonMapper mapper)

I've tried placing the LitedDb database file outside of the Launchbox directory, but still get the same error. 

There's something about running LiteDb in the Launchbox/Plugin environment that is causing LiteDb to choke. I'm afraid the stack trace/debugging is beyond me. Would be happy to share the solution, but it might be tricky (or not - dunno) setting it up to develop being a plugin. 🤷‍♂️

It's brought my dev to a bit of a standstill - so any help anyone can offer would be appreciated. 😔

Edited by stigzler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...