LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox LEDBlinky Steam

COMMANDERDAILY

image.thumb.jpeg.5bc2d01830e41bac073dad27f76579e2.jpeg

I go way back to the early HS days prior to rocket launcher.  After years of fun my system died so I decided to move over to Launchbox and have found myself back in the noob section.  MAME seems to be working ok with LEDBlinky so I moved on to Windows (Steam) and that’s where the pain has begun.  I have verified the Steam game ID and have been using the additional apps section of the game to try and fire something to LEDBlinky.  I have tried every combination of LEDblinky.exe 236470 windows I could think of for parameters and nothing.

image.thumb.jpeg.e7a3bc10dc662aa3197a9c9ea360e44d.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.36d0ff93e2bcc742d266c734b13f5fe9.jpeg

Is this even the correct location to get blinks working for this game?  Fours days of trying every combination I could think of I finally decided to come to all of you for help.  Thanks.

Seems like you're trying to manually do something LaunchBox does natively. Go to Tools > Options and in the window that opens go to Integrations > LedBlinky and then enable it and point it to the LEDBlinky exe and LB should automatically tell send LEDBlinky the correct events

Not entirely sure how to read that output line to be able to debug it. The log is a bit confusing though since Game Start doesn't have any parameters. You Game Select the game and then just send Game Start and it starts the last game selected. Unfortunately I'm not versed well enough in LEDBlinky to really give much help at this point. Maybe @arzoo would be able to point us in the right direction.

11 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Not entirely sure how to read that output line to be able to debug it. The log is a bit confusing though since Game Start doesn't have any parameters. You Game Select the game and then just send Game Start and it starts the last game selected. Unfortunately I'm not versed well enough in LEDBlinky to really give much help at this point. Maybe @arzoo would be able to point us in the right direction.

The GameStart command can optionally except both ROM and Emulator parameters. The error indicates a manual GameStart command was sent without a ROM parameter specified and without any prior GameSelected command. Hope this helps.

58 minutes ago, arzoo said:

The GameStart command can optionally except both ROM and Emulator parameters. The error indicates a manual GameStart command was sent without a ROM parameter specified and without any prior GameSelected command. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. Could this happen if the game just wasn’t in the user’s list? Wonder if it’s a potential data issue or indeed us not making the appropriate select calls.

Can you verify I have the syntax correct for parameters?  Is it LEDBlinky.exe 236470 windows or LEDBlinky.exe <236470> <windows> ?  Arzoo I sent a debug file.  Sure seems like blinks isn’t getting rom emu parameters.  As always thanks so much for the assist.

Edited by COMMANDERDAILY
Edit

11 hours ago, COMMANDERDAILY said:

Can you verify I have the syntax correct for parameters?  Is it LEDBlinky.exe 236470 windows or LEDBlinky.exe <236470> <windows> ?  Arzoo I sent a debug file.  Sure seems like blinks isn’t getting rom emu parameters.  As always thanks so much for the assist.

Unless the command line has several exceptions what you're posting would never work. You're not sending the event identifier at all in that example that tells LEDBlinky what event you're trying to process. A game select call would look something like:
ledblinky 9 "236470" "windows"
The 9 tells LEDBlinky that you're trying to select a game, the first parm is the name of the game on the list, the second is the name of the list.

Feel free to correct anything I'm saying that is incorrect Arzoo.

13 hours ago, COMMANDERDAILY said:

The correct format would be without the angle brackets. In your example, LEDBlinky would accept 236470 as the game name and windows as the emulator, and trigger the GameStart event. I'll have to check you log when I'm home and have a few minutes.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Unless the command line has several exceptions what you're posting would never work. You're not sending the event identifier at all in that example that tells LEDBlinky what event you're trying to process. A game select call would look something like:
ledblinky 9 "236470" "windows"
The 9 tells LEDBlinky that you're trying to select a game, the first parm is the name of the game on the list, the second is the name of the list.

Feel free to correct anything I'm saying that is incorrect Arzoo.

If no event identifier is specified, LEDBlinky will attemp to determine the event type by the first parameter; either a rom name or animation name (.lwax). For a rom it will default to GameStart event and for animation it will default to StartAnimation event. All other event types require the event identifier.

3 minutes ago, arzoo said:

If no event identifier is specified, LEDBlinky will attemp to determine the event type by the first parameter; either a rom name or animation name (.lwax). For a rom it will default to GameStart event and for animation it will default to StartAnimation event. All other event types require the event identifier.

Ah nice, wasn't aware. Good to know!