LaunchBox Community Forums

Anyone know of a way to get a non software list game to play in Mame through Launchbox?

fanzine

Recently was getting Neo Geo CD games up and running through Mame and wanted to play the Samurai Showdown RPG translation that came out recently. Since its not a part of the software list I wasn't sure it would work, but wanted to try anyways. Through Mame itself I was able to start the Neo Geo CD as empty and then pointed it to the translated chd. Was wondering if anyone knew of a way to launch games like this through launchbox instead of having to navigate through Mame's menus to get to it. Thanks for the help!

Yes, this is possible and fairly easy to setup. You just need to know the command line parameters to set for each platform. You can use the chart on the following site to look up what you need: https://pastebin.com/18W3EbD0

While not necessary but something I do for simplicity and keeping things clean is to do a separate install of Mame just for consoles and computer emulation. In the roms folder of that setup I dump all the bios files I need. You do not need to put roms or anything else in there at all.

Here is the Edit Emulator windows from my setup so you can see how it's setup:

Screenshot2024-01-23002202.thumb.png.18225371b76dc481d3944ff74befdd76.png

Screenshot2024-01-23002208.thumb.png.14b8c36cbe8527f642434670df990ee5.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Yes, this is possible and fairly easy to setup. You just need to know the command line parameters to set for each platform. You can use the chart on the following site to look up what you need: https://pastebin.com/18W3EbD0

While not necessary but something I do for simplicity and keeping things clean is to do a separate install of Mame just for consoles and computer emulation. In the roms folder of that setup I dump all the bios files I need. You do not need to put roms or anything else in there at all.

Oh okay I was trying something similar but it wasn't working through the default Mame emulator setup I have. Didn't think about some of the options (I had the normal check boxes checked for remove quotes and such) causing issues. Thanks for the help!

On 1/23/2024 at 8:27 AM, Lordmonkus said:

So, can we set bezels for these kernels running with MAME? For example for fmtowns core?

Sorry my bad English.

Edited by uyesuyes

On 1/26/2024 at 10:41 AM, damageinc86 said:

Perhaps this file will get you going on the road to bezels for NGCD. 

The document you added worked for me. Thank you very much. Does anyone have a similar solution for Retroarch?

Sorry my bad English.