LaunchBox Community Forums

Exit discovery center?

arcademode

Do you have the option on that makes it required to HOLD the back button to get to System View? Try to press and hold the back key and after something like 3-5s it should go to the System Menu (if that's the cause for what you're seeing)

I can get back to the system menu, I suppose I need to reframe the question. How can I return to platform view after opening the Discovery Center? It seems once Discovery Center is open there's no way to return to regular browsing. Pressing "back" isn't doing anything and returning to the system menu then selecting "Back" in the system menu just returns to Discovery Center instead of the default Platform view.

Select "View Platforms" from the system menu. Sounds like Discovery Center is your default view. You could make platform view your default and then you'd need to manually enter the Discovery view via the system menu or a hotkey

In case anyone else comes across this issue, I still couldn't exit discovery center with the BACK button.  The solution for me was to map a specific key to return to platform categories in the key binding settings.  This way one button "opens" the discovery center and other "closes" it.

For me (and you by the sound of it) the logical way it would work, at least when using a hotkey is returning to wherever you entered from, i don't know if that's possible but that's not how it's set up.

Yeah ideally it would be cool to return back to exactly where you entered from, but again nothing is happening for me when I hit BACK within discovery center.  The only way to get out was to "start over" in a sense and return to my home page of Platform Categories using a hotkey.

7 hours ago, arcademode said:

Yeah ideally it would be cool to return back to exactly where you entered from, but again nothing is happening for me when I hit BACK within discovery center.  The only way to get out was to "start over" in a sense and return to my home page of Platform Categories using a hotkey.

This is how I do it too. I even tried using the same hotkey for discovery center and playlist so I could just hit the same button to switch views but that doesn’t work. 

Well, now this is the absolute damnedest thing.  So in another thread I started @C-Beats was answering some questions on changing up the on-screen button graphics.  In particular I wanted to change the Discovery Center buttons. And now we've killed two birds with one stone in my case.

This thread below says to copy the discoverypageview.xaml file from the default theme into your current theme.  Well I did that, and by placing some new icons in the Image/Controller folder of the current theme I now have new icons at the bottoms AND Discovery Center is backing out using the BACK button. Pretty great!

• 2 weeks later...