LaunchBox Community Forums

LED Blinky Thinks Everything is Mame

somail

Hi,

I have gotten LED Blinky up and running and it works fine in Mame and those games in BB/LB. However, with non-mame games (i.e. teknoparrot or windows games), BB will light up the default mame controls/buttons when I select those non-mame games. I have these games all under an "Arcade" category, but mame is not listed as their emulator. Is there a setting I am missing that is causing all arcade games to be considered mame?

Thanks for the help

Hi, bumping this topic back up top in case anyone has any ideas. I reached out to the LED Blinky dev and he confirmed (via the LED Blinky Logs) that this is an LB issue. Basically any emulator/game I play (Teknoparrot, Model 3, Model 2, Daphne, etc.) is getting classified as MAME by LB. I can't find any settings that would cause this. Are there any ideas I can try, or ways to look at a LB log so I can figure out what is the cause?

Thanks

We don't send emulator information to LEDBlinky ever. We send platform name, that being said we DO change "Arcade" to "MAME" though I'm not entirely sure why (code is a bit before my time). LEDBlinky should still work if you add those games to your MAME list instead of splitting the games up into different lists in LEDBlinky. Either that or move the items inside of LaunchBox to a platform of the same name you have the list as in LEDBlinky.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

We don't send emulator information to LEDBlinky ever. We send platform name, that being said we DO change "Arcade" to "MAME" though I'm not entirely sure why (code is a bit before my time). LEDBlinky should still work if you add those games to your MAME list instead of splitting the games up into different lists in LEDBlinky. Either that or move the items inside of LaunchBox to a platform of the same name you have the list as in LEDBlinky.

Got it, that makes sense. Do you know if the playlist name is ever sent? I have a playlist named "Gun Games" under Arcade and there is one instance in my LED Blinky log where the playlist name was sent instead of Mame (Arcade). not a big deal but curious if there is separate/special treatment when a playlist is involved.

Thanks