LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME overlays for games that need them?

strich

I noticed some games like the Nintendo Game and Watch games (3 in 1 sports arena) require some kind of overlay over the screen to make sense of the game. Right now with MAME setup as the emulator I don't seem to be getting that overlay at all. "'99: the last war" is getting an external bezel correctly. Do I need to download something additional? IE is the MAME EXTRAs set required too? If so, how do I configure that correctly?

3 hours ago, strich said:

I noticed some games like the Nintendo Game and Watch games (3 in 1 sports arena) require some kind of overlay over the screen to make sense of the game. Right now with MAME setup as the emulator I don't seem to be getting that overlay at all. "'99: the last war" is getting an external bezel correctly. Do I need to download something additional? IE is the MAME EXTRAs set required too? If so, how do I configure that correctly?

There's a .lay file set for mame Nintendo game & watch out there in the downloads section I believe.