LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroAchievements hash issue on certain systems

zenanomaly

Did a full achievement scan earlier and noticed a massive decrease in total supported games. Only certain systems are affected: TG-16, Turbo CD, NES, SNES and Genesis. Looking at the RA site, it appears they've changed those specific system listings to include regional name variations . Sega's 16-bit machine is now "Genesis/Mega Drive" instead of just "Mega Drive", and so on. Thinking this may be the reason for the hash failure?

I'll have to review the code, was thinking we hard coded the platform indexes to avoid that but I'll have to look. I do know the RA site/API was down over the weekend though which would have impacted the hash process potentially.

• Thanks 2

Nice catch the on platform name change on their end. I was able to update the database to play nice with their name change. Should only be required to update the local metadata file (Tools > Download > [Last item in the menu, can't remember the exact string]) and then rescan the platform for achievements. Should pick them up again.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I wasn't aware the extent of the changes. I reached out to their team and got a list. I have all the data in the DB we are just waiting now for the process to run that rebuilds all our metadata files. Should be good to go in the next hour or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to add to this topic that I had the same issue, and this seemed to resolve the problem for most consoled.  For TurboGrafx-CD however, it is still not showing any achievements within LaunchBox.  All other systems, this issue has been resolved.  Just wanted to see if the team can look into this system in particular.  Thanks!

23 minutes ago, syyoung said:

Just wanted to add to this topic that I had the same issue, and this seemed to resolve the problem for most consoled.  For TurboGrafx-CD however, it is still not showing any achievements within LaunchBox.  All other systems, this issue has been resolved.  Just wanted to see if the team can look into this system in particular.  Thanks!

Nice catch. I added the data to the backend and started the process to get the data files updated. May take a bit to complete, but should be ready to go once done.

• Like 1