LaunchBox Community Forums

Favorites Button

JudgeRob

I'm not sure if that's possible. What you can do is autopopulate a playlist with your favourites and set a button to go to your playlist view

There's also a way to set a button to filter games but you will have to manually input the fields you want to filter every time.

Both of these options are in options/keyboard mappings or options/controller mappings

OK now I have some autopopulate favs lists.  I am confused by some of the root/menu checkboxes in the playlist settings.  Is there a way to have a playlist show up in a BB wheel?  Or must there be a hotkey/bind assigned to each list?

I'm not sure if there's a way to see your playlist directly in the default bigbox platform view but in menu there's a dedicated playlist view. You can map a button to easily switch to that view via options/keyboard mappings or options/controller mappings

I see it now, thanks.  Funny, I managed to get one of the playlists to show up on the "main" wheel.  But only one of the three I created.  It is odd because I checked the same boxes in the "parent" section of the settings for the playlists for each of the playlists...  

I'll have to play around with it a little more. 

As mentioned by christhed you can check the box for "Include Playlist with Platforms" in the details tab to have them show with the platforms. 

Additionally in the parents tab you can specifically select where exactly you want it to show up under by checking the box of that item. You can also check multiple times to have the playlist show in more than one place. 

You can see in my image I created a "Category" called "Playlists" and make all playlists regardless of type show there. So using the Parents tab you can more accurately control where they show up. 

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 8.01.50 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 8.02.08 AM.png