LaunchBox Community Forums

Is a faq? New user for android launchbox ?

duhmez

I have a milion questions. I did export some games and install and register license, all good.

Did it automagically grade android cores for imported stuff? Do I need to manya ually open retroarch on android first and donwload cores there to get stuff working?

HOw will launchbox know what core to load gamess from? On windows it is all setup inlaunchbox but android cores will be different.

On 2/15/2024 at 5:00 AM, duhmez said:

I have a milion questions. I did export some games and install and register license, all good.

Did it automagically grade android cores for imported stuff? Do I need to manya ually open retroarch on android first and donwload cores there to get stuff working?

HOw will launchbox know what core to load gamess from? On windows it is all setup inlaunchbox but android cores will be different.

LaunchBox for Android is similar, but not quite the same, as the Desktop app. The difference is that the emulator choosing process comes after the import. When you are in any game view, click on the top-right menu and select Emulator Settings, and you'll see some emulator choices. For most systems, we do have a recommended emulator that is automatically chosen for you. If you try and play any game without first going into the Emulator Settings section, it will bring you to the Emulator Settings to set one up first. 

With the latest update, if you were to try and play a game that has an available RetroArch core, we will ask if you would like us to download RetroArch for you. If you agree, then we will take care of downloading and setting up RetroArch. We will also handle downloading the cores for you as well. Inside of the Emulator Settings menu, you can choose which core you'd like us to download and use in RetroArch for any given platform.

For any other emulator (or version of RetroArch), you'll want to make sure you have it installed, and that you do any setup process inside of the emulator first, before choosing it in LaunchBox.