LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox/ Bigbox won't load After 13.11 Update

ktwitch21

Launchbox was running fine. I was playing it yesterday. Then I closed it. When I reopened it, it updated to the newest version 13.11 Now the Application won't start anymore. I get a message that Launchbox encountered an unexpected error. 

(Inner Exception)

A procedure imported by 'C:\Users\Twitch\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\Chromium\CefSharp.Core.Runtime.dll' could not be loaded.

App:     
Version: 13.11
Theme:   NOT SET
Type:    System.IO.FileLoadException
Site:    Void LoadFromPath(IntPtr, System.String, System.String, System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ObjectHandleOnStack)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromPath(IntPtr ptrNativeAssemblyLoadContext, String ilPath, String niPath, ObjectHandleOnStack retAssembly)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromAssemblyPath(String assemblyPath)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.<>c.ResetPreparedInterceptor(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.<>c.CalcCompositeConnection(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs e)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.InvokeResolveEvent(ResolveEventHandler eventHandler, RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.OnAssemblyResolve(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)

(Outer Exception)

A procedure imported by 'CefSharp.Core.Runtime, Version=117.2.40.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=40c4b6fc221f4138' could not be loaded.

App:     
Version: 13.11
Theme:   NOT SET
Type:    System.IO.FileLoadException
Site:    Void .ctor()
Source:  CefSharp.Core

at CefSharp.CefSettingsBase..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

I have no clue what any of this means. Any help with instructions on how to fix would be much appreciated. 

What version Windows are you running?

If running Win 7 or 8 then that is the issue. Win 7 and 8 are no longer supported in LB. Version 13.9 is the last version you would be able to use. If you do not have the 13.9 installer in your \Updates folder you can email below and ask for a copy. 

support@unbrokensoftware.com