LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues when sorting/searching games available from multiple sources

Goobis

For example, I have DOOM 3 on both Steam and GOG storefronts. I got this on GOG first and Steam second (it was in a bundle). Since I obtained this game on GOG first, its metadata shows "imported from GOG" and only shows up when under GOG source or searching GOG. It doesn't show up under Steam when I do the same. I want both sources to provide accurate sorting and search results. Is there any way to do this or recreate this desired behavior? I can change the source to "imported from Steam" but then the game doesn't appear under GOG.

As an aside, is there any way to manually order the platform badges that appear under a title? Following the same example as above, the GOG icon is listed ahead of the Steam icon. I want it to display the Steam icon and then the GOG icon.

Thanks for any insight

Quick Filter filters based on if the game or any app in a game is from a storefront. Auto Populate playlists can filter based on whether the main game is/isn't in that storefront or whether any app is from a given store front or not as well.

What are you trying to accomplish that you are having a hard time with?

I suppose the issue with searching  was due to me typing in "Steam" or "GOG" as opposed to selecting it from the dropdown options on the search bar. So that is more or less a system search error when searching via keyword. Not a terribly big deal but something to note nonetheless I suppose.

On the other side, I want to reorder the badges listed under the games in the boxview. Effectively, since Steam is my main PC game platform, I want the Steam badge to always be first on a game that may happen to be available via two or more of my accounts.

4 hours ago, Goobis said:

I suppose the issue with searching  was due to me typing in "Steam" or "GOG" as opposed to selecting it from the dropdown options on the search bar. So that is more or less a system search error when searching via keyword. Not a terribly big deal but something to note nonetheless I suppose.

On the other side, I want to reorder the badges listed under the games in the boxview. Effectively, since Steam is my main PC game platform, I want the Steam badge to always be first on a game that may happen to be available via two or more of my accounts.

there may be some better way to get to your goal, but I think a way to accomplish your goal to have multiple sources attached to a single game would be to create a custom field. maybe call it something like "Secondary Source". So if your entry for DOOM 3 has its source as Steam, its Secondary Source would be GOG. or just flip flop them around if it's the other way. then whether you search for Steam or GOG, the game entry for DOOM 3 should pop up in the results.

the badge reordering thing sound like you would need to customize the theme to your liking.