LaunchBox Community Forums

Find the Games your Collection is Missing

Find the Games your Collection is Missing

View File

About the Tool

It finds the top 100 games that are not already in your collection by scraping the XML files in your Data/Platforms folder and comparing it to the Launchbox database

How to use it

Select your Data/Platforms folder. The tool will look stuck for a couple of seconds (about 10-15 for me) but a message will pop up to confirm if it was successful.

tool.thumb.png.87dcd67bc15ee07ea8399d47dc7f9857.png

So what's the point?

It outputs a .xlsx file containing the top 100 games that are missing from your library. It is meant to be used to find games to add to your library. The weighted score is score from 0-5 given to every game based on the user rating and the number of user votes.

Table.thumb.png.2ae138b8760620d549568f1ed4fc259a.png

I still plan to work on it a bit and I'd love some feedback if it's something you'd be interested in using! I mainly use it as a little project to teach myself coding :)

I know the size is a bit ridiculous for what it does, i'm trying to make it a bit lighter

• Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

This is one of the most useful thing I've seen in the last decade of emulation. It might be niche since a lot of people are into full romsets. This tool really helps trimming down my systems to the best games. I would really like to see this integrated in Launchbox as a plugin or a core feature.

The only negatives I can think of is that there's no way to know if the games are exclusive to the system or exclusive at the release date to the system. I wouldn't put the fault on this tool since I think it's actually missing data from the Launchbox database. It wouldn't be fair to ask this tool to do something that isn't in any database.

The other thing I would like to be able to is discard games using non-standard controller type. This would help a lot trimming down the games to what can be played. Wii is a good example where you're required to use the Wiimote for many top games on that system.

I hope that you'll keep updating and supporting this tool. Thank you!

• Like 2

@Light Sock Thanks!

Yeah I thought about having a way to identify what games were exclusives or ported to other console to easily find out what port is the best version. The biggest issue is ports that are named differently than on different console. Like how would I deal with Resident Evil 4: Wii edition? I'm not too sure about how to approach the problem but i'm thinking about it for sure!

Adding a fields for supported/required controllers should be pretty easy. I'll probably add that to the next version.

I'll keep supporting it if people keep using it and there's not a better integrated tool that replaces it

• Like 1