LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not showing multiple rom versions

tedmid

Good afternoon,

I used the import Full MAME set to bring a 0.263 merged set into Launchbox, but chose "no hacked" games as I didn't want ALL hacked ROMs.

After that I would like to get a few hacked roms such as Ms Pac-Man Fast hack version (which i can see as mspacmnf inside the mspacman.zip rom).

I tried a few different attempts to re-import JUST the mcpacman rom this time allowing hacked versions etc but i still dont get any alternate versions listed when right clicking the title in launchbox.. any suggestions??

thanks

Thanks,

I believe I tried that, but perhaps I did each one separately. The other option I suppose is to simply reimport the full set and get all hacked versions, since they do collapse into a single title in the GUI.

Since I have a merged set its not taking any extra storage space to have extra versions.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for testing it as well. I still can't seem to get mine to cooperate, however I also just ran into an issue I see other had with trying to do a full set (merged) import from a NAS, but there is no option to copy just the filtered roms to the Launchbox Games folder.

A side effect is also that you can't use the file management/export and relocate options afterwards since Launchbox is looking for the specific version filenames (e.g. gngt) instead of the parent gng.zip which it cant find so it fails to copy a few hundred files. 

I think I'll just start over and copy my full romset locally, and import all including hacked. Thanks again for the help! Have a good weekend. 

Edited by tedmid

50 minutes ago, tedmid said:

Thanks for testing it as well. I still can't seem to get mine to cooperate, however I also just ran into an issue I see other had with trying to do a full set (merged) import from a NAS, but there is no option to copy just the filtered roms to the Launchbox Games folder.

A side effect is also that you can't use the file management/export and relocate options afterwards since Launchbox is looking for the specific version filenames (e.g. gngt) instead of the parent gng.zip which it cant find so it fails to copy a few hundred files. 

I think I'll just start over and copy my full romset locally, and import all including hacked. Thanks again for the help! Have a good weekend. 

Just to clarify, the Full Set Import option works differently than the standard file/rom import. The Full Set Importer does not really import files. It simply generates a list of "working" roms based of the Mame.xam file from the version of Mame you told LB you use. So that feature will not copy the filtered games because it is not actually importing any files. It is this way to keep from breaking Mame if users try to move files in case they are using a split or non-merged rom set.