LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox for Android, a few questions before diving into it

Kefka2b

Hey all, I will receive an AYN Odin 2 next week, and since I am a long term user on Windows I want to use it on this Android device as well. A few questions and sorry if the info is already available:

- is there support for retroachievements?

- are pause screens available with the options like on premium desktop version?

- is it possible to make Launchbox the default boot app when starting the device to make it look like a real handheld console avoiding going through the android OS before starting Launchbox manually?

-  not related to Launchbox, has anyone experience with using retroarch overall on platforms from the ps1 and how is the performance compared to standalone emulators on android? I really prefer limiting myself to retroarch as much as possible for standard hotkeys and overall options.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Kefka2b said:

is there support for retroachievements?

RetroAchievements aren't in the UI anywhere, but if your emulator supports it and you have a internet connection you can still earn them on your device

14 minutes ago, Kefka2b said:

- are pause screens available with the options like on premium desktop version?

Android doesn't have a pause screen

14 minutes ago, Kefka2b said:

- is it possible to make Launchbox the default boot app when starting the device to make it look like a real handheld console avoiding going through the android OS before starting Launchbox manually?

Not at this time as it conflicts with other devices/functionality like Samsung DEX

15 minutes ago, Kefka2b said:

not related to Launchbox, has anyone experience with using retroarch overall on platforms from the ps1 and how is the performance compared to standalone emulators on android? I really prefer limiting myself to retroarch as much as possible for standard hotkeys and overall options

You'll basically use RetroArch on Android for all the systems you typically would on PC. Emulators that are better standalone on PC are also better as standalone on Android. Primary difference MAY be MAME but with the new MAME4Droid that may not be true. I haven't really messed with MAME on my Odin 2 enough to really have tried it.

• Thanks 1