LaunchBox Community Forums

How can I download ALL box-front images for a game when many are available on the LB Database but the LB downloader only shows 1 available?

ChillPenguin

I've come across this issue a lot but I'll use NES Contra as an example. In the Launchbox Games Database for Contra on NES, there are multiple box-front images available. However, when I attempt to download images through Launchbox only one image is ever downloaded (the North American box). In the metadata of my game the region field is blank, so I am confused why it will not allow me to download all box-front images (North America, Europe, Japan). Any advice?

Thank you in advance

LaunchBox is designed to show region correct information. If your game has the region filled in the downloader only grabs region correct images (when possible). Having multiple box front images typically doesn't make a ton of sense in the app since you will only ever see a single image throughout the interface and so we've done our best to ensure the image you see is the correct one for your game entry.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

If your game has the region filled in the downloader only grabs region correct images (when possible).

And is there is no trick to get around this? Even when I leave the region field blank it still does not download all available images :(

Thank you for your response, btw

Edited by ChillPenguin

Not at easy one. I believe some one made a plugin to get around it and it basically does the download through the plugin, but I can't really recall what it was called. Personally not sure I see the point filling the hard drive with images you'll never see in the app.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Personally not sure I see the point filling the hard drive with images you'll never see in the app.

When downloading a box-front image I like to see everything that is available and then choose my favorite one regardless of the region.

Even though there is no solution, thank you for your help and answering my questions!