LaunchBox Community Forums

mapping arcade controls in bigbox

I have big box running with a keyboard, in an arcade cabinet with an arcade control deck. (2 player 6 buttons each with 1playr 2 player start select button).  how do i access the mame menu using a keyboard to map my arcade buttons.

13 minutes ago, nickyghost said:

I have big box running with a keyboard, in an arcade cabinet with an arcade control deck. (2 player 6 buttons each with 1playr 2 player start select button).  how do i access the mame menu using a keyboard to map my arcade buttons.

Press TAB on the keyboard.

Sorry. I must have miss read your post.  That's how you'd do it while you're actually playing a game.  i.e. Launch a game, then when it's running, press Tab.

I'm not certain if it's available in BigBox, but in the Game Menu, there may be an Open MAME option. Then from there you can go into General Settings from MAME's UI.

But actually, starting a game then pressing Tab would be easier.