LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't get controls to work

Back with another question. (using Bigbox) I'm at the controls part of the build. Got everything plugged in for P1 and P2 but when I try to map the sticks nothing recognizes the sticks. I can get 1 movement out of player 1 (where down is up) and that's all (no other directions). From my pic did I do something wrong or missing something?

On a related side question, how do I set different controls for different systems/platforms in bigbox. Obvious snes will have different buttons from genesis, so how would you set for example
X-button 1, Y-button 2 vs A-button 1, B-button 2, C-button 3
B-button 4, A-button 5

435236712_447255984368571_2977101448593418765_n.jpg

All controls for in game play are set directly in the emulators. LB has nothing to do with that. So you need to map the control in the emulator. 

As far as not being able to map movement within BB does that control encoder replicate keystrokes or gamepad inputs (xinput like and Xbox controller or dinput like PS controller)?

Depending on the answer make sure you are in that correct option in BB settings. 

6 hours ago, Retro808 said:

All controls for in game play are set directly in the emulators. LB has nothing to do with that. So you need to map the control in the emulator. 

As far as not being able to map movement within BB does that control encoder replicate keystrokes or gamepad inputs (xinput like and Xbox controller or dinput like PS controller)?

Depending on the answer make sure you are in that correct option in BB settings. 

All the systems (except mame) are cores in retroarch (not using any stand alone emulators). I saw something about opening a game for that system and setting the keys. I tried that for NES, but stick still didn't input.

Not sure how it replicates. This is the one I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081NYVT72/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Posted (edited)

Little update, I figured out the problem with the sticks not working, seems I had the cable in upside down. But of course the stick controls are backwards because I had to put them in upside down. The cable connector hits the buttons if in the correct way, so had to flip them around. I started setting up mame and when I put in my stocks for the stick, it says joypad. So I'd assume it's count it as a gamepad? If I go into retroarch it says my devices count as a "retrolink N64 controller", is that correct?

Edited by ShinMusashi44

Posted (edited)

Hopefully last update. Got everything hooked up, all controls mapped. So when I turn it on just flashing colored screen. Before everything was being done through a normal pc monitor. So do you think it's the video board?

Edited by ShinMusashi44