LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android - 1.14 Beta Thread

faeran

On 5/25/2024 at 5:03 AM, faeran said:

Can you try something.

Go into your LaunchBox\Data folder, move the Settings.xml file to somewhere outside of the LaunchBox folder temporarily, then open up LaunchBox and see if there's any difference.

Also, don't forgot to provide all the information within this post, which will be helpful to narrow it down.

@faeran Having this same issue with the recent (Android) version and I tried the solution mentioned above, but it still won't scroll for me in the games menu. Any other ideas or suggestions, or should we wait for the next beta?

I have to say that I am very disappointed at the state of this Android application.   I use Launchbox for PC and have paid for both the PC and Android lifetime license but feel the Android functionality pales in comparison to the PC version and not even close to RetroX which I was using on my Asus Zenpad.  I was so pleased with the PC version of Launchbox I didn't hesitate to pay for the Android version figuring after all the time it has been out that it would be in a much more mature state. 

I guess for now I will have to try and get RetroX setup on my new Samsung Galaxy A9+

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 5:59 AM, bundangdon said:

@faeran Having this same issue with the recent (Android) version and I tried the solution mentioned above, but it still won't scroll for me in the games menu. Any other ideas or suggestions, or should we wait for the next beta?

Think you were confusing the statistic sync crash with the touch screen issue. Beta 3 is out that fixes the touch screen issue you were seeing.

20 hours ago, OverDhill said:

I have to say that I am very disappointed at the state of this Android application.   I use Launchbox for PC and have paid for both the PC and Android lifetime license but feel the Android functionality pales in comparison to the PC version and not even close to RetroX which I was using on my Asus Zenpad.  I was so pleased with the PC version of Launchbox I didn't hesitate to pay for the Android version figuring after all the time it has been out that it would be in a much more mature state. 

I guess for now I will have to try and get RetroX setup on my new Samsung Galaxy A9+

Sorry to hear. If you did want to send me a PM with any specific feedback, I'd be happy to hear it.

• Thanks 1

Beta 3 is out with the immediate fixes for crashes related to the statistic syncing feature, along with a fix for touch screen inputs with some default game views.

Changelog:

• Improved stability when navigating game lists while game statistics syncing is enabled and while downloading game media
  • Resolved issue preventing touch interactions on some game views (introduced in beta 2)

We are still in the process of fixing up a number of issues, crashes, and smoothing out a number of other processes. We should have another beta with those fixes in the next day or so. Once that is done, we are looking to make this live in short order.

• Like 1

Sorry if I injected my problems onto this thread but it seemed like the thread I started did not get any responses.   One of the issues in the lack of Retroarch customization as compared to the PC integration but the other more alarming if the Android 14 problems that have been introduced as my new Galaxy A9+ was updated just hours after setting it up. 

PM senr

12 hours ago, faeran said:

Think you were confusing the statistic sync crash with the touch screen issue. Beta 3 is out that fixes the touch screen issue you were seeing.

Sorry to hear. If you did want to send me a PM with any specific feedback, I'd be happy to hear it.

Yep, got it now and the problem seems to be solved with the latest beta. Thanks a lot for the quick response!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, faeran said:

Beta 3 is out with the immediate fixes for crashes related to the statistic syncing feature, along with a fix for touch screen inputs with some default game views.

Changelog:

• Improved stability when navigating game lists while game statistics syncing is enabled and while downloading game media
  • Resolved issue preventing touch interactions on some game views (introduced in beta 2)

We are still in the process of fixing up a number of issues, crashes, and smoothing out a number of other processes. We should have another beta with those fixes in the next day or so. Once that is done, we are looking to make this live in short order.

The touch screen issue is resolved. I hope the "Media downloading" issue will be resolved in a future release. Thanks.

Screenshot_2024-05-28-21-47-33-112_com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox.jpg

2 hours ago, Eyebrows Cat said:

The touch screen issue is resolved. I hope the "Media downloading" issue will be resolved in a future release. Thanks.

Screenshot_2024-05-28-21-47-33-112_com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox.jpg

Thanks. We'll have this improved in the next beta. However, it'll be a balancing act between performance and media downloading. For best performance, it's always recommended to use the Download All Missing Media option in the top right menu.

• Thanks 1

Beta 4 is out that helps with overall stability of the app, and helps with downloading game media that is visible on the screen when using the automatic media download feature. This is our last major push before we can finally release this stability release and move onto the next major features on our list.

Changelog:

• The automatic media download feature will now download media for games that are visible on your screen
  • Fixed the media download indicator appearing incorrectly in some situations
  • Fixed potential crashes in filter sections like "Recently Played"
  • Thanks 3