LaunchBox Community Forums

Sudden Wall View Bug

Since the previous update a few days ago I started getting a Wall View bug where some of the Artwork of the games will not be displayed. But I can go over the missing box art and launch the game. I have to exit the Platform and re-enter the platform for the Box Art to show up again. I tried clearning All Image Caches and re-generating all images but the problem persists. I just updated to 13.14 and the problem is still there. Never had this issue before. Any ideas?

Examples of opening the platform then exiting and re-entering the platform to re-populate the missing Artwork.

Screenshot (37).png

Screenshot (38).png

23 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

This sounds like the same bug I reported about a week ago in the 13.13 beta thread. @faeran did notice the comment.

@faeran Any updates?

Based on the OP, there's a lot of information missing on where he actually is and what theme he's using to really give any kind of conclusion on what's happening there.

@bbweiners thanks for the follow-up and added information.

Unfortunately, upon coming back home I'm realzing that even 13.12 has the same issue. 

I've downgraded to 12.14 (simply because it's the last update file I have on my old PC) and so far the bug has actually disappeared (tried multiple times and reboots).

@faeran thanks for your follow-up. It's a very basic custom theme I made. I'm gonna attach here if anyone wants to try. 

I'm in Platform view and just jumping into the Platform to see the games, I go into Wall View and this is what happens, I have a few random pieces of missing artwork. Usually going back out of the wall view and directly back into it fixes the problem. And I checked the cache image sizes of the artwork, they're all standard under 1mb and under 1500x1500, thumbnails generated are obviously smaller in weight and size. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! 

Thanks again

Nintendo.zip

18 minutes ago, nicolasonline said:

@bbweiners thanks for the follow-up and added information.

Unfortunately, upon coming back home I'm realzing that even 13.12 has the same issue. 

I've downgraded to 12.14 (simply because it's the last update file I have on my old PC) and so far the bug has actually disappeared (tried multiple times and reboots).

@faeran thanks for your follow-up. It's a very basic custom theme I made. I'm gonna attach here if anyone wants to try. 

I'm in Platform view and just jumping into the Platform to see the games, I go into Wall View and this is what happens, I have a few random pieces of missing artwork. Usually going back out of the wall view and directly back into it fixes the problem. And I checked the cache image sizes of the artwork, they're all standard under 1mb and under 1500x1500, thumbnails generated are obviously smaller in weight and size. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! 

Thanks again

Nintendo.zip 776.22 kB · 0 downloads

First thing you would have wanted to do is check the default theme and see if you were experiencing the same thing as your custom theme. That would rule out any kind of theme related issues with plugins or anything like that.

I did a quick check with a number of themes, including yours, but I am not seeing any issues on the latest versions. It's possible that with you jumping from such an old version to the latest versions, some user configuration might have needed to be done somewhere. It's hard to say for sure though.

@faeran thanks for the reply and your insight

I do want to confirm that the screenshots I posted happen to be my custom theme, but unfortunately I had the bug occur to me with all installed themes that have the "Wall View" including the default one. The difficulty in identifying why and when it happens is challenging. But there are a couple of things that helped pin down the problem.

I have 2 different PCs, the old one and the newly purchased one. The old one has Windows 10 with LB 12.14 that I upgraded to 13.12. The new one has Windows 11 that I did a clean install of LB 13.12 and upgraded to the latest 13.14. I don't remember having this issue on the newly installed 13.12, it only started once I upgraded to 13.14, hence my original post. I also never had this issue on 12.14 on my old PC but once I upgraded to 13.12 the issue started arising. In essence having the two machines have helped me find that it's a common problem I've had replicated twice. And on both machines, the issue was replicated on any theme. 

I'm guessing that does fall in line your idea that the jump from 12.14 to 13.12 might have something to do with it, but it theory shouldn't happen from 13.12 to 13.14 but it did.

I did a clean install of 12.14 on my new machine and the issue is completely gone. I wonder if doing a clean install above any certain version would resolve the problem including a clean install of 13.14. But I guess noting my experiences here, if someone encounters something similar in the future it will be easier to pinpoint what causes this behavior and why it's manifesting in some cases and not in others. 

Thanks again for all your help