LaunchBox Community Forums

The 3D Model of a horizontal box will be the wrong thickness.

Go to solution Solved by C-Beats,

Horizontal boxes are the wrong thickness in the 3D Model.
For some reason, this problem can be solved by setting the height of the Spine image to be the same as the width of the Front image.

Using images with the correct proportions increases the thickness of the 3D Model.

worng.jpg.072c1fa03bbe994625ff6ae737a790eb.jpg Downtown-NekketsuMonogatariEX(Japan)(Spine).thumb.jpg.0b4321f040220cd92542dc32adfb73f1.jpg

If the height of the Spine is set to the width of the Front image, the 3D Model will be the correct size.

right.jpg.b0711684bcc0086b97330a5b5143217e.jpg Downtown-NekketsuMonogatariEX(Japan)(Spine2).thumb.jpg.03b38b3e3ef0ab1ff93700f902cdf502.jpg

There may be something wrong with the handling of 3D Model images.

20 hours ago, RIKUSYO said:

Horizontal boxes are the wrong thickness in the 3D Model.
For some reason, this problem can be solved by setting the height of the Spine image to be the same as the width of the Front image.

Using images with the correct proportions increases the thickness of the 3D Model.

worng.jpg.072c1fa03bbe994625ff6ae737a790eb.jpg Downtown-NekketsuMonogatariEX(Japan)(Spine).thumb.jpg.0b4321f040220cd92542dc32adfb73f1.jpg

If the height of the Spine is set to the width of the Front image, the 3D Model will be the correct size.

right.jpg.b0711684bcc0086b97330a5b5143217e.jpg Downtown-NekketsuMonogatariEX(Japan)(Spine2).thumb.jpg.03b38b3e3ef0ab1ff93700f902cdf502.jpg

There may be something wrong with the handling of 3D Model images.

What you are noticing here is the system working as intended, as the 3D model adapts to the size of the spine. However, you do have the ability to override this logic by editing the specific platform, going into the 3D Model Settings tab, and setting up an override for the platform. There you can force a particular size.

If there's a game that goes against a platform's standards, you also have the ability to set a specific size on a per-game basis under a game's Edit window, under its 3D Model Settings.

2 hours ago, faeran said:

What you are noticing here is the system working as intended, as the 3D model adapts to the size of the spine. However, you do have the ability to override this logic by editing the specific platform, going into the 3D Model Settings tab, and setting up an override for the platform. There you can force a particular size.

If there's a game that goes against a platform's standards, you also have the ability to set a specific size on a per-game basis under a game's Edit window, under its 3D Model Settings.

Overriding the settings does not ensure the correct thickness.😢

setting.thumb.jpg.230942f2746ba1c59f85fd217d8cfec2.jpg

Would you be willing @RIKUSYO to change the language to English and then see if it works the way you're expecting. We've had issues in the past with bugs related to certain languages and how they alter numerals. I'm curious if it's possible that's what is going on here.

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Would you be willing @RIKUSYO to change the language to English and then see if it works the way you're expecting. We've had issues in the past with bugs related to certain languages and how they alter numerals. I'm curious if it's possible that's what is going on here.

Changing the language to English did not solve the problem.😫

eng.thumb.jpg.6b806a81eb62e7e18fd3061bb2aaecf1.jpg

9 hours ago, RIKUSYO said:

Changing the language to English did not solve the problem.😫

eng.thumb.jpg.6b806a81eb62e7e18fd3061bb2aaecf1.jpg

Apologies. I meant with the override options now working. Like in English if you check the box to manually set the size, does the model appear different when changing the size?

18 hours ago, RIKUSYO said:

Overriding the settings does not ensure the correct thickness.😢

setting.thumb.jpg.230942f2746ba1c59f85fd217d8cfec2.jpg

Don't forget, as I mentioned before, to leave the depth alone at 1, and increase the height and width until you reach your desired size.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Apologies. I meant with the override options now working. Like in English if you check the box to manually set the size, does the model appear different when changing the size?

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Don't forget, as I mentioned before, to leave the depth alone at 1, and increase the height and width until you reach your desired size.

The width and height can be changed and are reflected in the preview, but only the thickness cannot be set to the desired size; it will appear thicker than the Spine image.

a.jpg

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Thanks for report @RIKUSYO, I got some time during lunch to test this out and there does appear to be some unintended scaling when using a spine image we'll have to take a look at. Thanks for helping us track the issue down!

😁👍

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 7:16 PM, C-Beats said:

Thanks for report @RIKUSYO, I got some time during lunch to test this out and there does appear to be some unintended scaling when using a spine image we'll have to take a look at. Thanks for helping us track the issue down!

Hey C-Beats,

any news on this issue?
I also noticed this when I entered the exact values of my physical box and activated "Draw Spine Image".

image.thumb.png.041874ff33dc801b2b3260f5709af678.png

If I uncheck the spine image, the size of the box is displayed correctly.

image.thumb.png.1165cd5c2843a8adf0ec00239988b604.png

direct compare:

image.png.a0cddac80bb307817fa3f4154dcef274.pngimage.png.366ffe516e6dd710c2f18a1afacce85c.png

this ist the spine image, it's not that thick and also I think the spine image size shouldn't override the fix depth entry at all:
FXFighterTurbo-01.thumb.jpg.6f8a850a11933047a5e42b694e07d2fd.jpg

Edited by Timber-eXoProjects