LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch saves created on LB/BB for Windows used to work on Android. No longer?

dmaker

I installed LB for Android on a new shield 2019 pro that I picked up for a second TV in my house. Normally I can copy a saved game from one system to the next and put it in the retroarch saves folder and everything is fine. 

For some reason, with this install, that no longer seems to work. There were no changes in file name, etc. So, I'm a bit puzzled as to why. I thought maybe someone here might have some experience with this. 

Launchbox take actually no effects on retroarch savefiles nor other emulator saves. Launchbox gives you only the ability to install some emulators without hassling with google store. Launchbox acts only as a frontend what starts the emulators with different parameters to launch your desired rom. Everything else is handled by the emu itself. Do you eventually installed a other core for genesis or copied the files in the wrong folder?

Edited by Isoku

I understand LB has nothing to do with the saves. I just thought someone else may have ran into the same thing. 

I always load whatever core is recommended by LB when I first import. Never had a problem with then copying my save games from my Windows LB install to the saves folder in Retroarch on my nvidia shield(s). Except for this time. 

Was just looking here in case it seemed familiar with anyone here. 

ok, i just mentioned, sry mate :) sometimes people, with lesser knowledge than you, drop all in the same bucket. I have a few retroid pockets they running android ... i sync them, saves, states, settings and roms, all over a syncthing instance in my network but i have my pc not integrated in that flow yet ... so i can at the moment not say what happens in my setup, when i load the synced saves on pc. Im at the moment too busy to verify. I wont be able to work with launchbox, etc for a few weeks. Mabye someone else have faster informations.

Edited by Isoku

No worries. Thank you for the input. 

It's not super important. It's really only one game: D&D:Warriors of the Eternal Sun. I have a party built up to a certain level and I usually just move that save game from system to system to save me starting over and rolling a whole new party. I can do that. Might even be more fun as it's been awhile since I've done that. 

I have LaunchBox in a OneDrive folder to play it in a desktop, laptop or SteamDeck. I also have it on my android phone and I have no problem sharing saves/states/etc . I tried just moments ago.

I only had to make sure that the cores I was using in the android version were the same that the desktop version.

Maybe Retroarch directories changed somehow?