LaunchBox Community Forums

Error when opening Launchbox or Bigbox

I am running Windows 7 and have had LB and BB working well for several years. However I can no longer open either program. In my searching through the message boards and I saw that LB v13.9 was the last version to run on Window 7.

I had been running LB v13.14 without issue, but thought I would try overwriting this with v13.9. That did not fix the issue and still get this same error message.

Launch/Bigbox are installed in my E:\Launchbox folder.

Any help to get this going would be most appreciated!

Here is the error I'm getting:

image.thumb.jpeg.b9affe7d80fc9d4856df6f692561b940.jpeg

13 hours ago, Scooby1 said:

I am running Windows 7 and have had LB and BB working well for several years. However I can no longer open either program. In my searching through the message boards and I saw that LB v13.9 was the last version to run on Window 7.

I had been running LB v13.14 without issue, but thought I would try overwriting this with v13.9. That did not fix the issue and still get this same error message.

Launch/Bigbox are installed in my E:\Launchbox folder.

Any help to get this going would be most appreciated!

Here is the error I'm getting:

image.thumb.jpeg.b9affe7d80fc9d4856df6f692561b940.jpeg

Error is cut off but I assume this is the error you normally would get in Win7. CefSharp is the dependency we have that no longer works on Win7 because of a security patch that was required didn't work in that OS.

2 hours ago, Scooby1 said:

Thank you.
Does any version of LB or BB work with Windows 7? If so, which one (I tried v13.9)?

Version 13.8 is the last version that works with Windows 7.