LaunchBox Community Forums

How can I batch delete metadata from videos?

I downloaded a video snap pack from emumovies some time ago and I have this image on all the videos. It's in the metadata of the video file. I couldn't find a way to batch delete the meta data. Thanks for any help! 

EDIT: I found a solution in the meantime. If you want to get rid of those images, too you can use the freeware tool "xmedia-recode". Just drag your files in there (it takes its time if you drag thousands of files), CTRL+A (this takes time, too), in the tabs "video" & "audio" change "convert" to "copy", add Job (wait) and then press "convert". Doing it this way, the program basically copies the video files without metadata (no re-encoding).

previewpicture.thumb.png.19c3a67de45ae831cdb09782ab428deb.png

Edited by hoderer

• hoderer changed the title to How can I batch delete metadata from videos?
5 hours ago, hoderer said:

I downloaded a video snap pack from emumovies some time ago and I have this image on all the videos. It's in the metadata of the video file. I couldn't find a way to batch delete the meta data. Thanks for any help! 

EDIT: I found a solution in the meantime. If you want to get rid of those images, too you can use the freeware tool "xmedia-recode". Just drag your files in there (it takes its time if you drag thousands of files), CTRL+A (this takes time, too), in the tabs "video" & "audio" change "convert" to "copy", add Job (wait) and then press "convert". Doing it this way, the program basically copies the video files without metadata (no re-encoding).

previewpicture.thumb.png.19c3a67de45ae831cdb09782ab428deb.png

Using a music type utility can remove the cover tags without re-encoding. EMUMovies just embedded the coverart tag into the file.   Mp3Tag is free utility that can select a whole batch then remove cover art in one whack. As only tag removal far quicker than any sort of re-encoding.