LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox DB needs a Modern Arcade platform

Nocta

Right now adding modern arcade games - mostly done via TeknoParrot - ends up with them being added to the Arcade platform - a few in the Taito Type X or Triforce systems. For example Senjin Aleste (amazing game) can't be classified under it's real platform because it's not in the DB - the Sega ALL.Net P-ras MULTI version 3.

I believe it would be more consistent to strictly keep all MAME games under Arcade and have a Modern Arcade platform for everything covered by TeknoParrot - cherry on the top would be the real platforms added in Platform Category just like MAME systems, Naomi, etc...

That way everything is nicely compartmentalized and easier to maintain.

What do you think?

2 hours ago, Nocta said:

What do you think?

That you need to stop deleting content and then reposting it. I restored the old thread and moved it to the new location the new one you made was. In the future if you want a topic moved, simply ask.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

That you need to stop deleting content and then reposting it.

Sorry about that @C-Beats, I realized I was in the wrong place so I wanted to correct my mistake, my apologies for the confusion.

Edited by Nocta